Premed 101 Forums

Should I apply to American Schools?

Guest merryberry

Guest merryberry

I apologize in advance for asking b/c I think people using this forum must be annoyed to see these types of questions again. But I don't know where I can turn for many opinions. Thanks in advance to people who answer to this thread. I much appreciate it!

My stats are:

AMCAS cgpa&sgpa: 3.6

MCAT: 34Q (12PS/10VR/12BS) this was my third attempt

[1st: 29P (8PS/10VR/11BS) 2nd: 24R (7PS/7VR/10BS) eek:]

ECs: no research but I helped PhD student via work program, volunteer at hospitals, etc.

1. Can I apply to American schools with those stats?

2. More importantly, is it possible to get an interview if I apply broadly and early?

3. Should I take MCAT again to raise my mark? (I know multiple MCAT attempts are looked down.... but)

4. Lastly, I don't have an English credit (I'm done undergrad). Is it possible to apply w/o the English credit and get the credit via continuing ed program after?

I apologize in advance for asking b/c I think people using this forum must be annoyed to see these types of questions again. But I don't know where I can turn for many opinions. Thanks in advance to people who answer to this thread. I much appreciate it!

My stats are:

AMCAS cgpa&sgpa: 3.6

MCAT: 34Q (12PS/10VR/12BS) this was my third attempt

[1st: 29P (8PS/10VR/11BS) 2nd: 24R (7PS/7VR/10BS) eek:]

ECs: no research but I helped PhD student via work program, volunteer at hospitals, etc.

1. Can I apply to American schools with those stats?

2. More importantly, is it possible to get an interview if I apply broadly and early?

3. Should I take MCAT again to raise my mark? (I know multiple MCAT attempts are looked down.... but)

4. Lastly, I don't have an English credit (I'm done undergrad). Is it possible to apply w/o the English credit and get the credit via continuing ed program after?

1. Yes

2. Depends on the strength of your application beyond the numbers

3. NO!!!!! (ARE YOU MAD??)

4. Yes.

1. Yes

2. Depends on the strength of your application beyond the numbers

3. NO!!!!! (ARE YOU MAD??)

4. Yes.

This

I do hope you have decent hospital volunteering experience as you do lack the research experience. I was explicitly asked during my interview why I don't have any shadowing experience (the concept of hospital policies against shadowing appeared to be a foreign concept haha).

Depending on how your GPA breaks down and where you're IP for, you may still even have a chance at some Canadian schools, regardless, taking multiple MCATs are no fun (and yes, a little bit mad) and your score is nice and balanced right now. Apply and see what happens before you take it again!

Archived