Premed 101 Forums

Irish School Offers

So it sounds like the Irish school offers has gone out - well the first rounds at least. I was wondering what are you guys' first choice w.r.t. GEP? Starting off with me, I kind of think RCSI/UCD then UCC and UL? All schools are equally prestigious and good...I am so confused now!

What are your thoughts?

So it sounds like the Irish school offers has gone out - well the first rounds at least. I was wondering what are you guys' first choice w.r.t. GEP? Starting off with me, I kind of think RCSI/UCD then UCC and UL? All schools are equally prestigious and good...I am so confused now!

What are your thoughts?

UCD/UCC

Trinity (got an offer for now)--is it a 5yr program?

UCD/UCC

Trinity (got an offer for now)--is it a 5yr program?

trinity is a 5 year program, yes, and i believe they also have a 6 year program. they definitly do not have a 4 year program.

and i am actually choosing UCC over UCD because of living costs, small class size (only 40 students!) and the small/university town experience.

• 2 weeks later...
I was wondering if anyone new when the second rounds were going out?

I think 2nd rounds are either going out or have gone out. I got a rejection from trinity today. =( Oh well. Saves me the trouble of having to decide between them and UCD.

Are you sure about that? Did they tell you that you got the LAST offer? APB told me second round of offers will go out within the "next fortnight".

I doubt it's the LAST offer... Canadian med school offers go out in 2 weeks, and the US is on rolling applications, so some students who accepted offers might change their plans. I think I read on the AB FAQs that they might continue to send out offers until september.

Are you sure about that? Did they tell you that you got the LAST offer? APB told me second round of offers will go out within the "next fortnight".

not last offer period. Peter said it was the last for first rounds. he said subsequent offers will be given when others drop out of the program. good luck you guys :)

Archived