Premed 101 Forums

How much is R-score counted?

Guest rolloverbethoven

Guest rolloverbethoven

I heard someone with a 33.2 R-score got into pre-med . That is a rare case I know. It says on their web that the interviewed candidates have an average R of 36,16 .

Can someone please tell me how much is the R-score counted in your final score, i saw it somewhere but can not find the link . Does it count 30 % or 50 %?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nama111

I'm pretty sure this is how it works....50% interview....25% autobio letter and 15% R-score and 10% letters of recom....mcgill weighs alot on the interview...hope that helps!!

• 1 month later...
Guest dandalex

Reference letters have no bearing in the Admissions' score of an applicant

CRC (Cegep applicant) is 50%

Autobiography is 25%

Interviews are 50% at 25% each (two interviews)

The reference letters (evaluation forms) are just to make sure you're not some moron who might have picked someone who would have scored you badly on some of the elements they feel are relevant. Thats why you should always ask the person if they feel alright writing you a good evaluation.

AlexH.

MD/MBA 2008

Guest dandalex

The R-score is short for Cote de Rendement Collégial, its a modified Z-score (a statistical unit) that indicates how far you are from the average of your groupe.

Modifications include taking into account what your classmates' results at the Ministry of Education exams that are taken in the final years of high school to determine how strong your group is.

And a modifier according to to program you joined in Cegep.

www.vaniercollege.qc.ca/a...score.html

AlexH

Guest medicator007

That is correct, the R-Score only counts for applicants to the Med-P year... all individuals with university experience are evaluated using the cGPA instead.

Archived