Premed 101 Forums

Final Transcripts

Guest TyShams

Guest TyShams

I understand that accepted applicants are responsable for sending in their final transcripts once they are conferred their degree. Since I was pulled off of the waitlist and I haven't yet recieved my official letter of acceptance, I am a little unsure where I should send my transcripts to? Do I send it to the main Registrar's office at McGill or do I send it specifically to Faculty of Med Admissions? I want to send my transcripts as soon as possible.

Cheers,

TyShams

Guest cutieyellow

Congratulations TyShams...Just read that you were in Physical Therapy...so's my little bro ;) I hear it's a great program, he seems to be loving it...

CY

Guest TyShams

Hey CY, maybe I know your little brother. Did he just finish first year or second year? I used to TA anatomy to those students who are now finishing their second year. Besides, there are so many women in PT that it would be difficult for me not to know him! McGill's PT progtram is great. They really prepare us well for clinical practice/research/grad school/med school/etc... If I were to do it all again.. I wouldn't have changed a thing. There's no other undergraduate program that I could have thought of doing other than PT... in many ways, I'm a different person from when I started PT, I think allot of that is because I had to grow up and learn to become a responsable adult/professional during my clinical stages... some people have difficulty doing that :<, but most of us are quite successful.

Cheers,

TyShams

Guest cutieyellow

My bro just finished his first year. He transferred last year from physiology. Are there that many girls ? Can't be as bad as Med at Laval U, we're 74% women in my year i believe. It's pretty bad. I once sat in class bored...and counted the guy...there was 48 in a class of 185. Mind you, maybe not everyone was there... we do tend to skip class quite a bit :)

I think PT is a wonderful undergrad plan because it allowed you to have something as a backup in case Med didn't work out. It's a great profession and we do need more phys therapists out there. My bro plans to settle in Ontario, apparently they get paid like 60 bucks/hr ? And there's also this grad program or something that they don't have in Qc ? Not really informed :)

CY

Guest TyShams

In our class of about 60 students, there were 6 guys and 54 girls. In other words, 90% of the class were women. But that was ok with me!!! Although at times I felt like I was in a feminine profession, which is not entirely untrue, however PT is now being infiltrated by more and more males as the salaries of PT increase. In Quebec, the top-rung PTs (those who have been working in the public system for about 12 years) make a max of 65,000 a year. In Ontario, I believe that you make about the same amount, except your starting salary is usually in the upper echelons, whereas if you start practicing in quebec, you will start off on the lowest echelon, which is about 35000. With respect to graduate programs in Ontario, I understand that if you already hold an undergrad degree in PT (or OT) than you can obtain your masters in 1 year, or you can fast track to a PhD. A friend of mine in OT will be doing a one year masters program at Queens next year. All in all, PT is a great program. And I would encourage anyone who is conteplating medicine but would like the security of knowing that their will be a guaranteed job waiting for them after their degree, then PT is for you.

Cheers,

TyShams

Archived