Premed 101 Forums

Needed ASAP: MCAT prep books in Kingston!

medhopeful64

Hey everyone,

I live in Kingston, and am writing my MCAT in early August. I am still searching for texts, and need some ASAP. I would really like exam krackers 7th edition, the complete study package, and the 101 verbal reasoning passages, as well as a princeton review comprehensive review set. If you have workbooks with that too, that would be great! I am on a bit of a tight money budget though :(

Please reply ASAP! Thanks!

hmmm so you want cheap books really fast? I don't know how well that's going to work out. Probably should've started your search a little earlier. Luckily for you, there are a bunch of pirates in this bay that might be able to help you out. You should try to get a hold of them. Torrents might also be a Bit of help.

Hope this helps.

Yeah, I did start my search much earlier, and for some reason I believed Kaplan was best, because I was brainwashed by their free info session, and a girl who took their course said it was best (and said I could buy the books off her). So I thought I was set. But then I researched more (like on this forum), and amazon ratings, and people definitely seem to agree that exam krackers is best, then princeton review is second best. I changed my mind, and have been trying to contact people for weeks. Sometimes they just don't reply to me. I should've posted here awhile ago as well.

Amazon does have cheap books, it's just that I was wondering if the PR workbooks are helpful. They don't sell those separately (except for a 2007 workbook, which I'm not sure how well it'd go with a 2010-2011 review text). Has anyone used them? were they helpful/indicative of the real MCAT?

Thanks for your replies.

Yeah, I did start my search much earlier, and for some reason I believed Kaplan was best, because I was brainwashed by their free info session, and a girl who took their course said it was best (and said I could buy the books off her). So I thought I was set. But then I researched more (like on this forum), and amazon ratings, and people definitely seem to agree that exam krackers is best, then princeton review is second best. I changed my mind, and have been trying to contact people for weeks. Sometimes they just don't reply to me. I should've posted here awhile ago as well.

Amazon does have cheap books, it's just that I was wondering if the PR workbooks are helpful. They don't sell those separately (except for a 2007 workbook, which I'm not sure how well it'd go with a 2010-2011 review text). Has anyone used them? were they helpful/indicative of the real MCAT?

Thanks for your replies.

I'm using a combo of both princeton and EK right now, and I think that EK is good if you already have a solid foundation of knowledge and just need some review. For instance, if you've recently taken gen chem, o chem, physics and bio, then I would go with EK. However, if you feel as though you would like a more in depth review, I would go with Princeton. In my opinion, I believe Princeton covers more information then required for the test, while EK covers less information because they assume you already know a fair amount of basic info.

I'm using a combo of both princeton and EK right now, and I think that EK is good if you already have a solid foundation of knowledge and just need some review. For instance, if you've recently taken gen chem, o chem, physics and bio, then I would go with EK. However, if you feel as though you would like a more in depth review, I would go with Princeton. In my opinion, I believe Princeton covers more information then required for the test, while EK covers less information because they assume you already know a fair amount of basic info.

Alright, thanks for your reply, that does seem to be the general consensus around here (that EK has the nitty gritty, and no more, while PR is more comprehensive). I do have all the basic undergrad sciences (except the second half of organic chem, and physiology), so I think I'd just need a review, though chem is my weakest subject area. I'm also planning on using a combo of PR and EK. But the thing is, do the review texts (ie comprehensive PR review) have enough practice problems? or should I invest in a workbook too? (I will also buy some AAMC practice tests).

Thanks for your replies everyone.

Archived