Premed 101 Forums

IP Ottawa

• 2 weeks later...
what if you move to ottawa and start and undergraduate degree and remain in the city for two years uninterrupted? will this allow you the IP ottawa area status?
Yes. You would meet the 2 years requirement.

What if I was born in Ottawa, live there for a year and moved out with my family? Are there any advantages to being born in Ottawa?
I don't think so. I believe that I was told you had to live here for 2 consecutive years.

thanks for the response thatonekid. not that i don't trust you, but is this information what admissions told you? b/c i am thinking about moving to ottawa to start another undergrad.
I'm pretty sure I heard it from admissions in a meeting once, but if I were you, I'd email admissions to be sure and to have documentation of their response. Better safe than sorry!

No, the Champlain LHIN is a separate group from Ottawa-Outauoais residents.
No it's not. They just have it listed seperately because some people are unaware about the changes to the Champlain LHIN. The Ottawa-Outauoais requirements are supposed to be the same as the Champlain LHIN requirements. I know a few doctors affiliated with UofO who were working on this.

I'm pretty sure I heard it from admissions in a meeting once, but if I were you, I'd email admissions to be sure and to have documentation of their response. Better safe than sorry!

No it's not. They just have it listed seperately because some people are unaware about the changes to the Champlain LHIN. The Ottawa-Outauoais requirements are supposed to be the same as the Champlain LHIN requirements. I know a few doctors affiliated with UofO who were working on this.

what is Champlain LHIN? is this a separate region within Ottawa?

what is Champlain LHIN? is this a separate region within Ottawa?

Our province is broken up into regions called LHIN's (Local Health Integration Networks) Each LHIN is a region responsible for dispensing the funding in that area and overseeing the health in the region.

The Champlain LHIN encompasses Ottawa, if you search a LHIN map... you'll be able to see exactly where the Champlain LHIN goes.

Try this link http://www.lhins.on.ca/FindYourLHIN.aspx

Our province is broken up into regions called LHIN's (Local Health Integration Networks) Each LHIN is a region responsible for dispensing the funding in that area and overseeing the health in the region.

The Champlain LHIN encompasses Ottawa, if you search a LHIN map... you'll be able to see exactly where the Champlain LHIN goes.

Try this link http://www.lhins.on.ca/FindYourLHIN.aspx

Yeah im mega confused too. According to the website the Champlain LHIN encompasses all of Ottawa and the surrounding areas. Like i'm from Orleans, so would I be considered part of the Champlain LHIN or IP Ottawa?

Yeah im mega confused too. According to the website the Champlain LHIN encompasses all of Ottawa and the surrounding areas. Like i'm from Orleans, so would I be considered part of the Champlain LHIN or IP Ottawa?

As I understood it, anyone in the Champlain LHIN was considered from the Ottawa region...

I may be wrong..... Might be worth asking the admissions office.

As I understood it, anyone in the Champlain LHIN was considered from the Ottawa region...

I may be wrong..... Might be worth asking the admissions office.

Yeah i'm gonna ask the admissions office because they have two GPA cutoffs for pretty much the same area. Only people from Gatineau/Hull would not fall under the Champlain LHIN, but they would most likely apply to the french program anyways as it has a lower GPA cutoff.

Archived