Premed 101 Forums

funny question...when do we hear from mac? RE acceptance?

May 13th. Apparently the schools try to send letters out relatively early in the morning so as to "put us out of our misery" so to speak.

Does anyone know: if we're waitlisted, will they tell us where we are on the list? Ie "you're in the top 20, so it's likely you will be offered a spot" versus "you are in the lower 50, so it is unlikely that you will be admitted this cycle" type thing?

May 13th. Apparently the schools try to send letters out relatively early in the morning so as to "put us out of our misery" so to speak.

Does anyone know: if we're waitlisted, will they tell us where we are on the list? Ie "you're in the top 20, so it's likely you will be offered a spot" versus "you are in the lower 50, so it is unlikely that you will be admitted this cycle" type thing?

No indication at most schools

NOSM - gives exact ranking

Ottawa - gives a normal and an unlikely waitlist

Western (last year for the first time) gave a high likelihood waitlist which everyone got in off of, and a normal waitlist.

Mac, UofT, Queen's were just a waitlist.... no indication of where you were.

No indication at most schools

NOSM - gives exact ranking

Ottawa - gives a normal and an unlikely waitlist

Western (last year for the first time) gave a high likelihood waitlist which everyone got in off of, and a normal waitlist.

Mac, UofT, Queen's were just a waitlist.... no indication of where you were.

Does anybody know if only the people with acceptances/offers hear or does everybody, even those rejected.

and if so do they do it in batches of acceptances and then rejections or just random and both hear at the same time.

Does anybody know if only the people with acceptances/offers hear or does everybody, even those rejected.

and if so do they do it in batches of acceptances and then rejections or just random and both hear at the same time.

Try a search, most questions about the process can be answered by threads from the years before...

http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33647

...Apparently the schools try to send letters out relatively early in the morning so as to "put us out of our misery" so to speak.

Perhaps, but the early notification probably has more to do with schools hoping to quickly scoop up their top-ranking candidates.

Hey everyone, i felt good after my interview, but now it all seems so real and the moment is here and all of a sudden i am really feeling doubtful.

had a good interview, good extras, gpa 3.99 verbal 12. Tell me what you think. I feel like i am going to be sick.

Hey everyone, i felt good after my interview, but now it all seems so real and the moment is here and all of a sudden i am really feeling doubtful.

had a good interview, good extras, gpa 3.99 verbal 12. Tell me what you think. I feel like i am going to be sick.

Well you with that stellar GPA and MCAT you've probably got nearly the max out of the 30% of the admission formula right there. As the interview is worth 70% and you were happy with that, I'd say those signs point toward a happy morning for you tomorrow. Good luck!!

what i really mean to say is that with the waiting almost over i really am not as confident as i was. maybe the interview wasn't so good.. maybe everybody walks out thinking it was fine. I don't know. This is my first time applying and i am a third year student.

is anyone here trying to lower their expectations, but still keeps imagining the possibility they could get in, and then gets the butterflies?

cause I totally am.

Me the optimist (In my head): Pro: 12 VR, alright interview I might get in!

Me the pessimist (in my head): 3rd year, 3.86, and your interview wasn't that good.

Me the optimist (in my head): Shut up!

Me the pessimist (in my head): No, you're an idiot!

and so on, and so on.

is anyone here trying to lower their expectations, but still keeps imagining the possibility they could get in, and then gets the butterflies?

cause I totally am.

Me the pessimist (in my head): 3rd year, 3.86, and your interview wasn't that good.

and so on, and so on.

Im doing the exact same thing!!! Except my GPA is the good part and my VR is the not so hot part.

Telling us ahead of time that that replies are coming may 13 = worst idea ever

cause I totally am.

and so on, and so on.

Well your stats are better than mine!!! So stay positive :cool:

cause I totally am.

and so on, and so on.

I feel you, brother/sister.

Archived