Premed 101 Forums

paranoid question

Ahahaaa, same here!

I could hardly believe my eyes, and I started thinking up of all kinds of things that could still go wrong. That lack of name in the email was definitely one of them. I'm been trying to get on this forum to ask the same question for the past day and a half. I also didn't get anything in the mail yet, so I'm anxiously waiting for it.

Glad to see I'm not alone.

When I confirm acceptance of the offer through OMSAS, do I also have to mail them a transcript request form?

It says you do have to do that if you're currently in school.

I wonder if I need to though, since I finished all my classes this past December.

When I confirm acceptance of the offer through OMSAS, do I also have to mail them a transcript request form?

i thought that the transcript update was june 30th? i know we have to accept on OMSAS much sooner than that, but i am not ready to submit any transcript request forms (incomplete courses). will they send for our transcripts as soon as we approve the request?

EDIT: upon review, it seems that you're supposed to send out the transcript request manually yourself? i am confused.

I think I am a bit paranoid, in my e-mail, there is no name mentioned like other schools do, I was worried is this email really for me? Do you guys also got the "no name" message?

It said the package is on the way, anyone got it?

...but then I thought back to my interview offer e-mail...and same deal, no name specified in the e-mail from Wendy Edge. ;)

So relax, and congratulations on your offer of admission from Mac! :)

If you have multiple offers, when you firm accepted one school, do you have to decline other schools or the system will take care of it? Thanks.

Once you accept an offer of admission via OMSAS, you are automatically removed from consideration by all other Ontario medical schools.

It says you do have to do that if you're currently in school.

I wonder if I need to though, since I finished all my classes this past December.

i thought that the transcript update was june 30th? i know we have to accept on OMSAS much sooner than that, but i am not ready to submit any transcript request forms (incomplete courses). will they send for our transcripts as soon as we approve the request?

EDIT: upon review, it seems that you're supposed to send out the transcript request manually yourself? i am confused.

If you received an offer from McMaster and you applied while completing university (out of third year, fourth year, etc.), then you will need to provide McMaster with a final transcript prior to June 30, 2010.

As you mentioned, this is done via the TRF provided by OMSAS. That is all you need to complete!

Congratulations on your success!

Hey Nemesis,

I realized you've made a decision to go to MAC vs Toronto!

What was your reasoning behind it?

You were waitlisted for an interview and then managed a May 13th acceptance? Amazing! :)

Hamilton was your first choice campus?

As for me, I'll write a more detailed post later...;)

^ Keeping us in suspense...boo! :rolleyes:

I am still waiting for Ottawa but someone said that waitlist offers would only begin after May 27th for Ottawa.

Would you chose Ottawa over Mac? I am asking because I am on Ottawa's waitlist.

Ugh, despite the reassurance of this thread, I'm still very anxious about receiving the offer of admission package in the mail.

Has anyone received theirs already? And if so, do you live near Mac, or in another city?

I can't wait for it to be Monday, so that the mail starts working again.

Ugh, despite the reassurance of this thread, I'm still very anxious about receiving the offer of admission package in the mail.

Has anyone received theirs already? And if so, do you live near Mac, or in another city?

I haven't received the package yet; however, I'm not worried.

Give Wendy Edge and the others involved in MD admissions the benefit of the doubt, you earned your offer of admission, it was not a mistake! :)

EDIT: I suppose, depending on your level of anxiety, you could even reply to Wendy Edge, asking her to confirm your offer of admission! ;)

I'm also anxious to receive my hard copy and other info in the mail. But to worry that your offer is not good is pretty irrational. If someone faked the e-mail to mess with you, then you'd have two e-mails (real one and fake one), and if the acceptance was sent by mistake and you were actually rejected, it sounds like it would be the first time in history, since a previous occurrence would no doubt be reported on these forums. I imagine a lot of care is taken so that this kind of mistake is nearly impossible. So relax and celebrate!

Would you chose Ottawa over Mac? I am asking because I am on Ottawa's waitlist.

My first choice was Ottawa but to be honest, I'm really not sure anymore. I'm partially worried about whether or not I will be able to make the transition from a more rigidly structured program to a more self-directed learning one. I'm leaning more and more towards MAC because I realized that I was mainly pushing for Ottawa because there is a greater proportion of time dedicated to lectures...yet I'm known among my friends to hate going to lectures. I have went to maximum 20% of all my classes in undergrad and that's stretching it. My bud is also in Ottawa but I don't know anyone (yet!) in Hamilton... so if my computer ever fries on me...internet messes up and what not... game over :rolleyes: lol...I am ridiculously bad with technology.

...I'm partially worried about whether or not I will be able to make the transition from a more rigidly structured program to a more self-directed learning one.

This is a very important consideration.

Take some time and read about problem-based learning from both the students' perspective and also the tutors' angle. :)

...I don't know anyone (yet!) in Hamilton...

Right, you don't know anyone YET!

You're going to make plenty of new friends (some of whom will be computer savvy! ;)) and the small-group learning environment makes for amazing collegiality and camaraderie! :)

spiderpig, as a completely paranoid individual myself, i completely feel you. i refuse to celebrate until the letter comes in the mail AND my request to graduate early is approved AND i pass my health examination. yes, i am THAT paranoid. my parents insisted we all go out for a fancy dinner that very night and i reluctantly went along with zero joy in my heart. now that's paranoid!

spiderpig, as a completely paranoid individual myself, i completely feel you. i refuse to celebrate until the letter comes in the mail AND my request to graduate early is approved AND i pass my health examination. yes, i am THAT paranoid. my parents insisted we all go out for a fancy dinner that very night and i reluctantly went along with zero joy in my heart. now that's paranoid!

Yeah, I was relieved to get the package in the mail today, but I think I will still have a tingle of paranoia present until I actually START at Mac. There's still the issue of getting everything done in time:

- following through with acceptance procedures properly

- getting health exam and police record check in time

- finding good housing

- oh, and the little question of arranging for the buttload of money I'll need.

Lol. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I was relieved to get the package in the mail today, but I think I will still have a tingle of paranoia present until I actually START at Mac. There's still the issue of getting everything done in time:

- following through with acceptance procedures properly

- getting health exam and police record check in time

- finding good housing

- oh, and the little question of arranging for the buttload of money I'll need.

Lol. :rolleyes:

Uh-oh. Did everyone receive their packages in the mail today? I live in the GTA and it wasn't there when I checked a few hours ago. :(

Archived