Premed 101 Forums

Up for getting together?

Guest Blackbird15

Guest Blackbird15

Hey there,

I was wondering if anyone wanted to get together before Wednesday, just so there are a few familiar faces at Orientation...

take care,

Blackbird

Guest bearman14

Hey Blackbird,

I'd be into that. I need something to take my mind off of my "moving company" hassles <<caveat to anybody moving: NEVER go with Canadian National Vanlines. They suck>> Otherwise, I've got loads of free time. Do you have anything in mind?

Bearman

Guest Blackbird15

Hey there,

I ended up going away for the weekend rather unexpectedly, which pushed back my official moving in date to Tuesday. I'll probably be up to my knees in unpacking and last-minute shopping stuff, but would love to take a break if anyone's up for a quick coffee or snack or something somewhere close to campus (hopefully you live close to campus!).

take care,

Blackbird

I'd love to meet! I'm bored out of my mind...no phone/cable/internet has been hooked up yet (all anticipated for wednesday) so I'm sitting here wondering what to do with my time besides stare at the walls. Well, not now..since I'm currently in an 'internet cafe.'

I'll try to check this page tomorrow--if someone wants to post a time and place I'll be there. Or just email me directly: jenniferdbishop@hotmail.com. Dinner or lunch or anything really would be good for me.

Guest bearman14

Evidently, we're all waiting for someone else to make a decision...

I just found out the moving company (which, I will reiterate, really does suck) will be dropping off our stuff this evening, so I am out for meeting up tonight. However, if anyone is into grabbing some breakfast tomorrow morning before heading in for registration (I am in the 10:00 group), let me know. I don't think I'll be sleeping in :P , so we could meet at 8:00-8:30ish at a Greasy-Spoon-type place close to campus. Anyone know of one?

Bearman

Guest Blackbird15

Hey there,

Sorry, I think it was up to me to pick a time and place, but I had some trouble getting on the site last night... Anyways, I can't think of any breakfast places near campus. There are a few restaurants on McGill Ave, but I can't think of their names right now. The only place I can reliably direct anyone to is the Second Cup on McGill Ave (that's the street crossing Sherbrooke at McGill's main campus). It's right next to the Paragraph bookstore. In fact the inside of the bookstore leads to the coffee shop. It's also right next to my building and, I have a feeling, will be my new haunt! I can pop in there at 6:00 this evening if anyone still wants to get together today (though this might be short notice). I'll try and drop in tomorrow too, but I'm in the 11:00 group so I might end up deciding to enjoy my last guilt-free sleep-in... ;)

take care,

Blackbird

Guest medicator007

Hey Guys,

Just a brief note wishing you all the best on your last day before med school! Hope you have a good time at the orientation activities that are planned and I intend to see you ALL thursday night at the Pub Crawl!!

Cheers,

Medicator

PS... while it may be your last GUILT-FREE sleep in, I assure you that once you figure out which lecturers work for you, it will not be your last :b

Guest dfenst

Hey all...I'm in the 10 am group tomorrow morning and don't think I'll have enough of an appetite for breakfast...probably just do a little morning coffee deal at home. In my opinion, the best breakfast places are the ones in the Plateau area, so Bearman if you get a chance, you should check those out. Since you're new to Montreal, I recommend Beauty's on Mount Royal and St. Urbain. It's not the cheapest, or all that greasy anymore, but it is a one-of-a-kind place.

See everyone tomorrow,

Dan

Guest bearman14

Well, it looks like I'm on my own for breakfast...

Dan, those places sound good, but I'll be peddle-pushing and coming from the west side, so I may forgo them for tomorrow. (Don't want to show up on the first day and become known as "The Sweaty Guy" for riding too far!)

I guess I'll see you all tomorrow at the registration/orientation. I'll be the tall guy with a goatee who doesn't speak french... :P

Danny

Guest medicator007

Just a heads up to those unshaven ones....

They take your mugshot picture that is distributed to all teachers, given to all small group leaders for the first year and a half tomorrow.

I don't know if any of you really care, but just a heads up for those image conscious ones.

Cheers,

Medicator

Archived