Premed 101 Forums

Need advice- which Master's in PT program should I choose?

Hey All,

I have recently been accepted into the Master's of Physical Therapy in McMaster and U of T (it was my back up plan if med didn't work out this year). I have no idea which school to choose, despite researching each program and what they have to offer. Any advice would really help me out!

I am leaning towards U of T because of the 5 hospitals the school has access to, which means a greater access to clinical placements.

However, McMaster's PT program uses PBL, and I am kind of interested in this. I'm not sure I how I would do in this learning environment, but I'm sure that I can adapt to it. My only question is, is it worth it? Mac's placements do not include most of the hospitals in Toronto but more rural clinics.

Also, I plan on applying to medicine after this, so knowing that, would coming from a PBL program increase my chances at Mac? Or would coming from U of T increase my chances at U of T?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

I personally wouldn't attend PT school if you goal is medicine.

It will be one hell of a grind for 2 years if you go that route.

Hell, I turned down PT, SLP, OT, Clinical Psych, and Epi programs because of that.

---

But IMO, U of T > Mac because of the opportunities for placements across the excellent hospitals/research areas/rehab centres in Toronto

But if rural placements and being more of a jack of all trades kind of thing appeals to you (along with PBL), Mac may be the way to go

Archived