Premed 101 Forums

Questions on graduate entry to McGill

Jovi

Hello guys,

I'll apply to McGill as an IP applicant in the next few years and have some questions before I start the entire process.

I already have a degree, obtained overseas (4 yrs. - Translation). I've contacted Mr. Michel Dansereau and he said it will be recognized as 120-credit one. The only problem is I suppose my GPA there will not be very high, I guess in 3,60-3,70 range.

So my questions are (haven't the corresponding info on official site):

1) Is there any institution that does GPA calculation for McGill applicant for preliminary chance evaluation?

2) Are all years of study considered in GPA calculation, or only the last three, and are all of them equal?

3) As long as I'll have to fulfill the "Basic science requirements", can I boost my GPA this way, or only GPA from my previous degree will be considered?

4) How long does it generally take to go through

• minimum six (6) credits of general/introductory Biology
  • minimum six (6) credits of general/introductory Chemistry
  • minimum six (6) credits of general/introductory Physics
  • minimum three (3) credits of introductory Organic Chemistry

?

Thank you in advance.

I'm not sure about ur questions,

but as a current graduate of the medical class I can tell you that there are ppl who get in every year with all sorts of grades (ppl who get in with 3.4 gpas)

U should apply, and CV def plays a huge role. The interview itself is by far the most important component!! Dont get too bogged down with all the gpa calcualtions etc...

Good luck!

I'm not sure about ur questions,

but as a current graduate of the medical class I can tell you that there are ppl who get in every year with all sorts of grades (ppl who get in with 3.4 gpas)

U should apply, and CV def plays a huge role. The interview itself is by far the most important component!! Dont get too bogged down with all the gpa calcualtions etc...

Good luck!

Thank you very much. Time to concentrate on ECs I guess :cool:

Did anybody here with non-science background undertake the "Basic science requirements"? How long did it take you to accomplish these four courses?

Thank you very much. Time to concentrate on ECs I guess :cool:

Did anybody here with non-science background undertake the "Basic science requirements"? How long did it take you to accomplish these four courses?

It took me three semesters to get through them. So you're looking at a year with summer school, or a year and a half without summer school.

Sem 1:

Bio 1

Chem 1

Phys 1

Another course

Another course

Sem 2:

Bio 2

Chem 2

Phys 2

Another course

Another course