Premed 101 Forums

Verbal Reasoning difficulty

Sebriz

Hey there!

I have been studying for my Mcat in mid-july and am a bit confused about the difficulty of the VR section. Closer to the test date I will do some AMC tests but until then I have a question for you all.

I have some TPR course books for 2007 and a TPR CBT book from 2009. The sample questions for VR in 2007 all seem real hard while in the CBT book they are alot more easier. Has the VR section gotten easier in the computer version of mcat as compared to the past paper version? Thanks!

I've taken both versions (although it's been a loooong time since I took the paper-based exam). I found VR on the CBT easier than on the paper-based exam, but only because it was a shorter section on the CBT. In terms of passage difficulty, I didn't notice much of a difference. HTH.

• 2 weeks later...

I found the kaplan vr's to be along the same lines in terms of difficulty, but the ones on the real thing were a bit longer. When you do a test make sure to go back and figure out what types of questions were giving you trouble so you can try to improve.

Good luck!

thanks for the advice I will try it out

Archived