Premed 101 Forums

U of T dentistry... question

The worst academic year will be dropped from the calculation of an applicant's cumulative grade point

average provided that (a) the applicant has completed four or more years of university education by May

31st of the proposed year of entry, and (B) the year with the lowest grades is not the applicant's most recently

completed year of study.

my stats are

1st year: 3.81

2nd year: 4.0 became 3.4 or 3.5 because of a summer course (I didn't know summer course marks counted... kill me now.........)

3rd year: 4.0

and with 20s on DAT...

so if I apply during my 4th year of undergraduate studies... will they drop my

2nd year marks from the calculation of cumulative GPA?

thanks everyone

The worst academic year will be dropped from the calculation of an applicant's cumulative grade point

average provided that (a) the applicant has completed four or more years of university education by May

31st of the proposed year of entry, and (B) the year with the lowest grades is not the applicant's most recently

completed year of study.

my stats are

2nd year: 4.0 became 3.4 or 3.5 because of a summer course (I didn't know summer course marks counted... kill me now.........)

and with 20s on DAT...

thanks everyone

They should, but I would call and ask about how it would be calculated because I might be wrong but I think summer marks are not included in the yearly GPA but are in your cumulative GPA - I vaguely remember when I was filling out that marks spreadsheet for UofT having to separate the summer marks from my year 1 gpa and year 2 gpa....

I'm not 100% on which marks they would drop... I think you should give em a call

All your three years would count applying in your fourth year. So your three years you listed (including your summer course as part of your second year studies since that is how it has to be filled out on the app form) will be used cumulatively.

I think a lot of people think that when applying in your fourth year... you get your worst year dropped and take your two best year but it doesnt work that way at toronto... you use all years except the current fourth year. Once you confer and have your degree and say you apply the subsequent year should you not be accepted, then you may have your worst year dropped pending its not your last year.

Having said that... you're grades are still great despite the summer course and you have an excellent shot at at least getting the interview.

4.0's in third year and second despite that bad summer course... you're a superstar.... Im sure you'll get in either next year or the following.

Good luck

completed year of study.

my stats are

and with 20s on DAT...

thanks everyone

Archived