Premed 101 Forums

Any Mac PA students out there?

I've been lurking on this forum for a while and there doesn't seem to be a place for the future (or current) Mac PA students to connect, so I just wanted to see if there was anyone out there. I'm really excited to have been accepted into the program starting in the fall! So hello to anyone out there and of course, hello to all my future med student colleagues! Congrats to all who have been accepted and good luck to those on the wait lists!

...Physical Therapy program and you have a MScPT conferred at the time of application, then yes, I would think you would be eligible for the +0.01 (or 1%) pre-interview bonus. :)

...is PT considered grad school in the eyes of mac med school (when it comes to assigning bonus pts)

We don't, but they come to some of our electives (lectures outside of the curriculum). The ones I know are great though!

Actually, the PA and MD students do attend some of the same LGS sessions! You will also see them on the wards during clerkship too. I agree that they have all been very friendly!

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking at the site for the program again and boy oh boy does it look similar to the M.D. program. They even mentioned that it is based on it. And you guys are saying that the M.D. and P.A. students have classes together. It's like they took the 3 yr program and cut-out 1 yr worth of stuff. lol I wonder if mac will be one of the first to create a PA to MD bridging program, something that the creator of the PA profession, Dr. Eugene Stead, wanted to do. Mac is always innovative and, given how similar the program is to the M.D program, I wouldn't be surprised.

Congrats class of 2013 for being accepted to MAC med school. I am an alumni and finished my residency training in Hamilton last year. I am looking to sell my 1-bedroom apt, which is located directly across from the university hospital. I lived there for 3 yrs of med school and 5 yrs of residency and enjoyed it very much. It is fully renovated and almost completely furnished. Pls. email me ASAP at jackiechu@hotmail.com if you are interested.

I've been lurking on this forum for a while and there doesn't seem to be a place for the future (or current) Mac PA students to connect, so I just wanted to see if there was anyone out there. I'm really excited to have been accepted into the program starting in the fall! So hello to anyone out there and of course, hello to all my future med student colleagues! Congrats to all who have been accepted and good luck to those on the wait lists!

Hey, I sent you a pm. I am also starting in the PA program at Mac in the fall. :) I wonder if we have any other colleagues on here?

I am excited to start and am wondering if anyone on here can shed some light on what to expect?

Also, mods, do you think you could make a Physician Assistant sub-forum?

Hey, I sent you a pm. I am also starting in the PA program at Mac in the fall. :) I wonder if we have any other colleagues on here?

I am excited to start and am wondering if anyone on here can shed some light on what to expect?

Also, mods, do you think you could make a Physician Assistant sub-forum?

Mods? bump......

• 2 months later...

I am one of the members of the inaugural class of Physician Assistants at McMaster University, that has just graduated in August 2010. I can tell you that despite some frustration and concern over the last 2 years, in the end, there have been MANY job opportunities for the members of my class. In fact, there are many, many full-time jobs in various areas of medicine.

Over the last 2 years we have been able to discuss and educate the public, as well as various groups of healthcare providers about the role of PAs. Not every physician will accept or understand the PA model, but many do. There is nothing more exciting than discussing the possibilities with physicians that "get it" and are excited to work with us.

Congrats to the newest class of PAs at McMaster, as well as the current 2nd year class and all members of the PA program at U of T. We are forging new ground and laying the groundwork for an exciting new profession!

• 6 months later...

Hi Ontario PA,

I just received an interview for the PA program at Mac. I was just wondering if it would be possible for me to shadow any of you who are already working as PAs in ontario? And any interview tips?

Greatly appreciate you feedback!

Archived