Premed 101 Forums

Ok, where is it???

Guest Biochem10

Guest Blackbird15

Heh, I woke up this morning, all conflicted about whether or not I really wanted to know right away if I got in or not... and I go on the Minerva site and... NOTHING! GRRR! So I finally caved and called McGill. Apparently the admissions office is CLOSED today! Someone who didn't know anything about what was going on in admissions was answering the phones for them...WHAT??? Does this mean the letters didn't get sent out today? K-R-A-P!

Guest Biochem10

Thanks for the info Blackbird15, saves me from being glued to Minerva all day waiting for something to change! I can't concentrate for my exams--this sucks!!!

Guest dfenst

Am I the only one who gets an increased heart rate, followed by feelings of dizziness and weakness every time he checks the minerva site?

If it's not going to be on today, hopefully they'll do it tomorrow so we can all get on with our lives.

Guest medicator007

Hey folks,

Dont know if it helps but the admissions office today had a sign saying that they were closed until 12h30 and that prior to that time all calls were being transferred to the Main Faculty Office which is why the person answering the phones had NO IDEA about admissions.

As for when the letters/MINERVA is going out... best to check with the office directly, but i can tell you that last year I only got mine on the 29th of April... but perhaps MINERVA changes things.

Best of luck to you all!

Medicator

Guest Biochem10

Thanks medicator. I know how everyone feels, I've "wasted" the whole day worrying about this because I kept thinking--it's going up today. Hopefully it'll be up by 5 pm, if not, it'll be another day of agonizing over the future. This is the worst exam time ever!

Guest medicator007

Biochem,

I know the feeling first hand... I actually wrote a final exam last year on the day i expected to get the letter (as others had gotten theirs on the friday prior, and made for a brutal weekend!). It was an afternoon exam, so i left my house early b/c you dont want to get such a letter before a final (no matter what it contains). Wrote the exam in record time, sped home and it WASNT there....

Keep ur chin up it'll be over soon!

Medicator

Guest G8M8T

I know my chance of making it is very slim, but this is still killing me. When I called last Thursday, I was clearly told that the letters would be mailed on April 23 and that the status notification on Minerva would get turned on the same day. Did anyone call today? Good luck everyone.

Guest dfenst

G8M8T - what's up man? Remember me from the interview? I haven't called the office but I was surprised that they told you when the letters would be mailed out. They had told us initially that it would be ASAP after May 1, which to me meant that they would mail them May 1.

On another note, don't beat yourself up about your chances of getting in! Everyone is nervous and no one is certain of their fate. I'm sure everyone had high and low moments during their interview (I know I did), and sometimes it just comes down to subjectivity.

By the way, how did it go at your other interviews?

Guest G8M8T

Hey dfenst. I was also given the May 1st date during my interview. However, after I called McGill because of the Minerva status confusion, I was told about the April 23rd date. Hope all of your other interviews went well.

Guest md2b2006

Hey hopefuls-

Believe me when I say that I can empathize with your angst. I was in your shoes this time last year and nearly gave the mailman a stroke (we didn't have the Minerva option). I stopped by the admissions office today to see what scoop I could get for you and was assured that the decisions would in fact be (back) up on Minerva today. If they are not, call the office and let them know. They may even tell you over the phone as they have been known to do it in the past.

Best of luck to everyone!

Archived