Premed 101 Forums

Invites

Guest medicator007

Guest medicator007

To those concerned...

The Interview invites for the In-Province students to the 4 year program are out and some have been received by people in Montreal.

Good Luck!

Medicator

Guest calliope

Does anyone know if they're only sending interview notfications out by email, and, if so, only today?:(

I removed a duplicate of this post...

Guest medicator007

Congrats to those who did receive invites.

This is the first year that they have been sending out emails for the interview, so i'm really not sure. I can tell you one thing though.. CHECK YOUR JUNKMAIL FOLDERS IF YOU HAVE ONE!

Generally In-Province interviews take place over the course of one week and based on last year the rejection letters were only sent out after the interviews, dont know if that applies this year as well.

Medicator

Guest candybits

Medicator is right, keep those junk mails out of the way!! :)

They also sent out the interview invitations over the email last year as well, since I got one while I was overseas. And if I recall correctly, I received my acceptance package about 3 weeks after my interview.

Best wishes!

Candybits.

Guest tappety tap

Hi,

I havent heard either way from McGill yet. I thought I was considered OOP since I'm from Ontario but I did my undergrad at McGill and have been here for 5 years. Since I havent received a rejection, does that mean I'm being considered as in-province? Thanks,

M

Guest Biochem10

Tappety tap, you should check Minerva and see what the status of your application is. I don't think you will be considered in-province unless you signed an "attestation of residency" form. All of my friends who are in-province got their letters for interviews last week. You should call the admissions office.

Guest quebecboy

Hello,

I find it strange that they have just sent the interview letters, because a person I know (in province applicant) was actually interviewed about a month ago at McGill, and she has already been admitted (in p-med, but she does have a masters, went back to cegep after university). Maybe this puts her in a different category, but I find it strange that they don't conduct the interviews at the same time.

Guest Biochem10

That is really strange quebecboy because apparently the p-med interviews are supposed to take place in April. The schedule was as follows:

International-January

Out of province-February

MD/PhD- January & Feb

In province- March

med-p- April

Are you sure it was an interview she received? Because the applications were only due in January.

Guest G8M8T

If Quebecboys' friend has 4.00 GPA and 45Z MCAT (or may be a wee bit less:) ), he/she might have been interviewed in the "early decision" stream.

Guest quebecboy

I'm postive that she has already been admitted, but I'm not completely sure about the date of her interview (as I recall, she told me it was about a month ago, maybe a bit less). Since she already had a masters in kinesilogy, maybe they didn't consider her as a CEGEP applicant, even though she is still in CEGEP.

I'll call her today to find out more info.

Guest medicator007

G'day folks,

Just a couple of comments regarding this discussion:

-Med-P applicant do not have to write the MCAT prior to admission, nor do they have an early decision program for their applications.

-As for quebecboy's friend, i think there may be some misunderstanding as to her status. Firstly, as biochem mentioned (which is also my impression) the med-p's do not interview until April. As well, the rules for application to the 5 year Med-P program do not permit applicants who have ANY university experience... thus it would seem that your friends master's would exclude her from this category.

-I am intrigued that an in-province student has already been accepted to the program seeing as their interviews are only next week.. given you said she was in though i'd be curious to hear exactly what the situation is...

Cheers,

Medicator

Guest quebecboy

Just called her up. She has already received a conditionnal acceptance to McGill (Apparently, it was written on the letter for an outstanding record, I don't know if this is written on everyone's letter, as people admitted to McGill normally tend to have stellar grades).

Guest quebecboy

Also, for the interview, she has yet to pass it, it will be in about a week, sorry for the misunderstanding. Even though she has a masters, she is still in CEGEP doing her prerequisites, so she is eligible for the p-med (she didn't do the MCAT, and she still has an interview). Maybe the fact that she teaches Kinesiology at UdeM also played a part. Sorry once again for the interview date, it was a misunderstanding of my part. :o

Guest medicator007

Quebecboy,

Thanks for the followup information on ur friend, though i must admit i find this situation rather perplexing. For one, i have NEVER heard of acceptance of any variety being granted BEFORE an interview.

As well with regards to eligibility for Med-P program i refer to the following quote from the McGill med admissions page (emphasis added):

"Please note that

-Applicants who are completing a Diploma of Collegial Studies in more than two years (with the exception of certain students taking a ''Double DEC" or enrolled in an approved Sports-Études program),

-CÉGEP students who have formerly been enrolled in college or university programs or in post-secondary technical schools, within or outside of the province,

-Applicants who have already obtained a Diploma of Collegial Studies

-Applicants who have already obtained a Diploma of Collegial Studies and who are registered in an undergraduate degree program or have completed an undergraduate degree,

must fulfil the requirements for, and make application to, the four-year program. "

As well, the interviews for Med-P are to be held end of april.

I don't know if your friend has some special circumstances or perhaps we are missing some important information.

Cheers,

Medicator

Guest quebecboy

I too find it strange, but that was exactly what it said on the letter she received. I am certain that she never took the MCAT, and she does have an interview in about a week. Maybe there are special circumstances concerning her admission, we don't really speak about admissions when we see each other. I'll try to find out more next time I see her.

Quebecboy

Guest Blackbird15

Hi there,

I called to admissions office to ask about the number of people interviews/spots available, and they informed me that this year, they were interviewing about 100 people for 65 spots. In other words, the odds are very good...

blackbird

Archived