Premed 101 Forums

MD/MBA

Guest bentley50

Guest bentley50

I am an OOP applicant very interested in McGill's MD/MBA program. I wanted to know whether anyone knows if the GMAT is a requirement for entrance into this program. Thanks a lot.

Guest AliatUofT

i am also interested in the MD/MBA program..and i looked into it..however i am pretty sure that we dont need the GMAT once accepted by the MD program..and once business school deems you qualified

there was no mention of GMAT in the MD/MBA booklet which i downloaded.

hope that helps?????

Guest MtlMDwannabe

Hi folks,

Relly quick here's the deal with the MD/MBA (I have applied to the program for this coming fall), the requirements are identical to the regular 4 year med program. There is only one standardized test that you need to take.... The MCAT>:

The only differences in the admission process are the following:

1. You need to dicuss the MBA side a bit in your essay.

2. You need to extra reference letters which go to the Faculty of Management

and

3. The interviews are done at the same time (in my case at the same time as all the other in-province applicants) but the second interview is different. Your interview is with both the dean of admissions for medecine and the dean for the MBA program.

I beleive that is all, they talk about a second application you have to send for the MBA once you are deemed acceptable, but I haven't heard anything about this... possible because I wasn't deemed acceptable. I will post any news on that.

Mtl

P.S. Medicator, how are things at "7"? ;)

Guest medicator007

Mtl,

Dunno, call it a hunch.

So i see that u reapplied this year to the MD/MBA and have already had your interview. In that case, best of luck, hope the wait isnt too rough on you :)

Cheers,

Medicator

Guest MtlMDwannabe

Medicator,

I think you miss understood, I have yet to do my interviews, we interview at the same time as all the other in-province applicants, which according to the admissions office will be the week of March 24th. They have already sent out interview as well as rejection letters according to the office.

Take care

Mtl

Archived