Premed 101 Forums

Highschool courses in the Summer, While at Uni??

Quick question, will high school courses I take in between 1st and 2nd year university effect my university GPA?

I plan on doing gr 12 bio and gr 12 chem, quickly and then just write the test. To get my credits before fall 2010.

-I am trying to get my credits from Independent learning center, if any other options they know about let me know

any proof?

normally i would just take your word for it, but going to med school is really important to me.

sorry i am a bit skeptical, dont hate me

then get off this forum and ask the medical school instead

I take in between 1st and 2nd year university effect my university GPA?

I plan on doing gr 12 bio and gr 12 chem, quickly and then just write the test. To get my credits before fall 2010.

-I am trying to get my credits from Independent learning center, if any other options they know about let me know

Quick question, will high school courses I take in between 1st and 2nd year university effect my university GPA?

Are you for real?

then get off this forum and ask the medical school instead

+1

if its really important for you, ask the medschools... no one here will search every medical schools website and site it...

oh wait there are some no lifers that make those stickies jk jk :P

Are you for real?

ugh now please don't comment on her english if you have nothing else to say :rolleyes:

btw why don't you take the bio and chem in university... university does offer courses that act as equivalent to grade 12 bio and chem plus they are a gpa booster

The "high school" university courses seem to be easier too, because they just teach the material you need to continue on to do the university level courses. I took the high school level physics course first semester of last year and it was my best mark all year. They also seem to put really good profs for these courses, because they know there's a reason you didn't take the course in high school :P

Well, you could have easily called / emailed / contacted the medical schools directly since you want concrete proof of what people are saying to be true (and is true).

And it is a little bit of common sense. Why would medical schools look at your high school transcript? Unless you are applying to those direct entry medical schools in the US/Europe, there is no need

Archived