Premed 101 Forums

OOP interviews

Guest ethan

just wondering if anyone knows whether the ad com has set firm dates for the OOP interviews. additionally, though i'm sure its been covered before, how many interviews are granted for the 5-7 OOP spots?

much obliged.

ethan

Guest medicator007

Hey Ethan,

Permit me to quote a previous thread: "Last year (based on previous posts), 300+ OOP applicants applied (I think the actual number was close to 400). They interviewed 46 people and accepted 8."

So that should handle one part of your question. As for the other.... An email was sent out a little while back to our class asking for students to host international and OOP students during their interviews, so I think its fair to assume that firm dates have indeed been established. However, I can't seem to find that email and so unfortunately cannot tell you when these dates are! Sorry..... but if i happen upon the info I will post it here ASAP.

Cheers,

Medicator

Guest BCgirl

Medicator,

do you know if they reject oop applicants at the same time as they send out the interview invites? Or do rejectees have to wait a while?

Guest med2006McGill

I think the interview dates are Feb. 21st & 24th.

I'm note sure if they reject oop applicants at the same time as they send out the interview invites. Last year, I got my invitation approximately 2-3 weeks before my interview date.

Guest Biochem10

Does anyone by chance know about the MD/PhD interview dates? I know that they occur earlier on than the Quebec student interviews because I recall someone last year telling me that they were told of their acceptance in March. I have a feeling that they are around the same time as the oop students because the deadline for the application was the same (nov. 15). Anyway, the info would be appreciated.

Guest med2006McGill

Hi Biochem,

Last year, the MD/PhD interviews (at least for international & OOP students) were held on Jan 25th & Jan 28th. The interviews should be held around the same time this year. Good luck!;)

Archived