Premed 101 Forums

Website with practice passages

R26

Hey everybody,

I'm trying to put together a site that offers practice MCAT passages in a CBT interface. When I was studying for the test, I ran out of practice passages. Not so much phys or bio, but definitely verbal. So I put together a site that lets you test run simulated passages - similar to what Princeton Review has, but not as flashy. It should work on the latest version of firefox and IE, but feel free to PM me with any feedback on how to improve the service.

Right now there are about 12 Verbal passages, 10 Bio and 1 Phys. I can't guarantee that the material will match the difficulty of the real thing, but hopefully after some feedback and a few design iterations, the passages will begin to converge to something that smells like a real MCAT test. I'll try to keep uploading them as fast as I can.

The url is www.roscospracticetests.com.

I am very sorry that your computer was infected. I don't know how you got the virus, but I am very confident it didn't come from the site. My programming skills are so amateur, that I wouldn't even know where to start to build a virus. The site doesn't require you to download anything and it doesn't run flash or activeX. It does run server side scripts and client side javascript with AJAX, so if your security settings are sensitive, the browser may give you a warning. I'm very sorry your computer was infected, but I assure you that it wasn't from my site.

Although I will investigate why it may appear so. If I may ask, can you tell me what browser and OS you are running? and what exactly happened to elicit the warning. I'll try to get to the bottom of this as fast as possible.

Much appreciated.

I am very sorry that your computer was infected. I don't know how you got the virus, but I am very confident it didn't come from the site. My programming skills are so amateur, that I wouldn't even know where to start to build a virus. The site doesn't require you to download anything and it doesn't run flash or activeX. It does run server side scripts and client side javascript with AJAX, so if your security settings are sensitive, the browser may give you a warning. I'm very sorry your computer was infected, but I assure you that it wasn't from my site.

Although I will investigate why it may appear so. If I may ask, can you tell me what browser and OS you are running? and what exactly happened to elicit the warning. I'll try to get to the bottom of this as fast as possible.

Much appreciated.

My apologies for my earlier post then. With some of the trolls that post (and your low post count prior to this) and someone saying they got a virus from clicking on it, it seemed to be something really bad. I didn't want to check it out myself (for obvious reasons). Hopefully you fix whatever is causing the error to come up!

I apologize for my earlier comments!:)

EDIT: I removed my earlier posts so as not to confuse the mods that may have been reading this. Again, R26, I apologize for my earlier comments!

Archived