Premed 101 Forums

absent-minded professor

Guest Valani9

Guest Valani9

Bloody hell.

There's a chance that one of my references didn't send his form yet.

I do have proof that I contacted him, and he'll probably take the blame himself - and send it in right away. Am I finished?

Thanks

I don't know about McGill, but for Ontario one of my references was not sent out until a week after it was due. This guy also writes a lot of refs and he said not to worry, he's never had a problem sending them in a little late.

Maybe contact the school to let them know, but I have a feeling they are more lax with this type of thing, b/c it is not your fault. I think they prob notify you if anything is missing anyways, before they would close your account (that is just what I am assuming).

That said I know its hard not to freak out about this type of thing, b/c I did with ON, but it turned out OK

Hope it works out!

Guest medicator007

G'day,

To the best of my knowledge you shouldnt have any major problems given this particular situation. From what i understand they will let you know if any particular part of your application is incomplete and give you a chance to rectify the situation. I know personally of someone who's reference letter was given in late and that did NOT kill their application. They realize that it is generally not your fault and so it really wouldnt be fair to penalize you for it.

That being said, my advice would be to call up admissions, explain your situation to them and see what they have to say!

Best of luck,

Medicator

Archived