Premed 101 Forums

Application Q

Guest doctorfunk

Guest doctorfunk

In the online application's Employment and Activity Info section, it asks for full-time involvement. Does this mean that all of my part-time employment or activities are unwanted?

doctorfunk,

I think that when you read the help section for that part of the application, it says that section is for things that you've done while you weren't in school (if you took a year off) and not to include summer jobs and jobs you had during school.

Guest medicator007

G'day,

I vaguely remember that section and i seem to recall what BCgirl is saying as true....

Sorry i can't help you more, but keep in mind that all of your FANTASTIC accomplishments will be covered in the letter!

Medicator

in order to indicate when the activity cited began and ended, would it be alright just to say:

e.g. I was involved in research (high school, university). blah, blah........... I also volunteer (ongoing).

The criteria for writing the essay seem to suggest doing it this way. What did you do?

Thanks

Guest medicator007

For the last three pages I personally viewed it as a narrative and explanative version of my CV.

So essentially, "I was involved in X for 3 years during my undergraduate period." then comment on what values and qualities this helped you gain or demonstrate.

Hope that helps,

Medicator

okay..

but you wouldn't fault the usage of:

"I was involved in x (high school, university)"

would you?

This method I find just eliminates further confusion. Some activities took place in high school and branched into university. They seem to ask for content rather than literary style, so I hope I can take my chances with this one!?

Any feedback?

Guest medicator007

I dont think details like that would constitute any major falut with the essays. Like you point out, it is likely the content that matters more so that the literary style (to a certain degree at least... do watch your grammer and sentance structure).

Cheers,

Medicator

McGill asks for all test scores, even previous test scores.

I have written the MCAT twice (2001, 2002).

I have submitted my 2001 scores online, and my 2002 scores are to be sent to the Faculty directly by the MCAT program.

Is this sufficient?

Or must I contact the MCAT program to release my old scores as well? Just wondering if the 2001 scores I submitted online were sufficient/qualified.

thanks.

Guest medicator007

AHCHIU,

I'd love to help you on this one, but I have no clue. Thankfully I only had one summer ruined by that exam... my advice would be to call admissions. They know all!

Medicator

Archived