Premed 101 Forums

Medical Schools in Quebec

Guest Natalia

Guest Natalia

I was wondering if anyone knew the admission requirements for some medical schools in Quebec (Laval University Faculty of Medicine, Universite de Montreal Faculty of Medicine, and Universite de Sherbrooke Faculty of Medicine). Are these schools exclusive to Quebec residents? Thanks.

Guest medicator007

Natalia,

For the specific admission requirements for the schools you listed I would highly advise that you check on the schools website's which can be linked to from http://www.acmc.ca

On the topic of whether the schools are restricted to quebeccers, these quotas are set my the ministry of education for ALL medical schools in the province, so essentially between the 4 schools the following non-resident quotas can be filled:

1 PEI

20-30 NB

10 ROC

30 foreign

There is no indication about the manner in which the spots are distributed amongst the schools.

Cheers,

Medicator007

Guest Natalia

Are you currently a medical student @ McGill? Or do you plan on going there? Also, do you mind if I ask you for your stats? Thanks.

Guest medicator007

Natalia,

I have been accepted to McGill for this fall and am starting medical school then.

I did my B.Sc. in Biology at McGill, 3.72 and a 36M on the MCAT (thank god mcgill doesnt look at writing sample!)... plus 6 years as a volunteer paramedic. Hope that helps!

medicator007

Guest Natalia

Hey:

Volunteer paramedic...? That's really interesting. How did you manage to get that spot? What sort of traning did you need?

Congratulations on your getting into McGill. Must've been a great feeling. Good luck medicator007.

Regards,

Natalia

Guest medicator007

Yeah it was a great feeling. if u want additional info about the volunteer paramedic position please contact me at my email address as we are in a recruiting drive at this moment

thanks

• 2 months later...
Guest Coral

Hello Medicator007,

You had posted that Qc schools accept 10 ROC..what is ROC?

Also, do you know if there are any volunteer positions for paramedics in BC? Sounds very interesting...

Coralie

Guest medicator007

Coralie,

Pardon the utilization of an obscure acronym (medics are big on those). ROC stands for Rest of Canada, so the 10 ROC spots are the total number of people that the 4 quebec schools accept over and above the special quotas for NB and PEI.

As for volunteer paramedic positions in BC, i really cant be certain. Most if not all paramedic training in BC is conducted by the justice institute, so your best bet would be to check with them

Hope this helps,

medicator

Guest just wondering

Hi there,

U of Sherbrooke, U of montreal and U of Laval are all French medical schools and they do not take any out of province students other than the few from NB and PEI. You need to be a Quebec resident to qualify....

Archived