Premed 101 Forums

Confirmation of a rumour/news?

Guest medicator007

Guest medicator007

G'day,

I heard in passing today that the "letters" are going to be mailed out on the 26th, so we should anticipate their receipt by the 29th of April or so. Does anyone have any confirmation of this fact or other more reliable information?

Medicator007

Another two weeks? I am going insane. Can someone more courageous than me please call the office to get some sure dates before I go absolutely nuts?

Guest McGillBoy

I heard the exact same thing from the office. I was told by the end of next week. She told me that Dr. Beck was "unavailble" at this time and he gives the final, "ok". Is it just me, or is that a crock of crap? Where could he have gone, and if all final deicisons are made, what eaxctly does he need to be around for? I am going crazy - I need to find out already!

I hope by the 29th!

Guest kazoo

Let's not get overly excited here. The office only estimated the original expected date on a best efforts basis. They never actually guaranteed that they'd send the letters before May 1. Any sooner would just be a bonus. Anyway, thanks McGillBoy for contacting the office for us for a much appreciated update!

Guest McGillBoy

I called this week - now, one of you is callingup next monday to see if everything is on schedule. I've called so much, we should probably be on a first name basis by now (LOL!)

Happy exam studying....

Guest medicator007

McGillboy, you have called them so much that maybe you should just continue and if they ask why you call all the time, tell them you are this forum's ambassador ;-)

As for Dr. Beck having to be present to give the final word, that is kind of funny. I can just see one of the admissions officer's holding all the envelopes over the mailbox opening and looking towards him for the signal. As his hand descends she releases the letters into the postal system.... too funny

It will all come soon enough, now back to studying for exams!

Guest McGillBoy

I heard that Dentistry this year at McGill sent all the acceptances in small white envelopes, just to screw with everyone's heads. Nice, eh? So, read before crying when you look at the size of the envelope. Its not the size that counts...(lol)....

Happy continued studying....

Archived