Premed 101 Forums

Research Projects

Guest chiapet921

Guest chiapet921

Hi!

According to Ottawa, they say:

"Please note that projects done as part of a university course do not qualify as research."

However, in my sketch I had put down my 4th yr. research project down in the category "Research"...this is for other schools to see because they do not have the same criteria as Ottawa...how should I complete Ottawa's Detailed sketch if it doesn't even qualify? I cannot delete it...if I do, I'll have to delete it completely from the 48 items, right?

Please help! Many thanks!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I had a couple of course-based research initiatives that resulted in posters, which I originally entered in the general sketch. However, upon viewing Ottawa's "no-course-based-research" caveat, I removed them from the general sketch.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest chiapet921

hrmm....but Kirsteen, wouldn't that mean the other schools wouldn't get to see what you have accomplished?

also...another thought just hit me when filling out Ottawa's application right now..they want my x-curricular activites in chronological order...but it doens't do that for me automatically? I added some activities to my 48 items and now they appear at the bottom of the list...but they were not the most distant activities! How can I correct this?!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Regarding the other schools, the only other Ontario schools to which I am applying are UofT and Queen's. UofT will see my full bill of research work when I send in my CV in January. If I didn't have other research activities to fill up the spaces, or other general activities within other categories to top up the list to 48 activities, then I would consider contacting Ottawa about this and then proceeding from there. Also, another factor in my decision to replace the three course-based research activities was that I didn't want to lose points (perhaps, during the interview when potentially asked about these activities) for not being able to follow clear instructions. ;)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived