Premed 101 Forums

August 5th MCAT writers!

medhopeful64

I'm writing the mcat on August the 5th, who else is??? I'm so nervous!! only 20 days left :eek:

I'm writing in Nordic College of Business and Technology (Toronto). it's a 3 hour drive from where I live :eek. ugh, I have to get up at like 6 in the morning for my 1pm test! lol...not gonna be fun

hmm, is the driver's license and passport all we need (for the ID)?

good luck to everyone writing! :)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm pretty sure you have to provide one of the two, not both. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

This is what it says on the AAMC website:

There are three important things you need to know about identification:

The name on your identification (ID) must match exactly the name you entered in the registration system prior to the registration deadline. Please refer to our Registration Tips and the MCAT Essentials (PDF) for more information.

Your ID must include an expiration date, signature, and photograph. The ID must be current.

It must be a major form of ID, such as a driver's license or passport. If you do not have either of these types of identification, you most likely will be eligible for a state-issued ID card, usually obtained from the Department of Motor Vehicles (even if you do not drive).

http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat/taking/testdaytips.htm

Other people on this forum have said to bring 2 pieces of ID...at least that's where I got that info from. :confused:

Me too, im writing in Nordic college and at 1pm too! ...except its a 10min walk from where I live

LOL, lucky you! Maybe I'll see you there :P

I'll be in Mississauga.

I should really start cramming...

Me too!!

I think you should push it back to as late as possible, I mean, since it takes about month to publish the test results, you definitely won't have enough time to re-register for this year. Take the latest date possible, and give you self some extra time to study! Of course unless you have something planned for the end of August.

^How exactly can you check if there are spots open (i don't feel ready either :S). When I tried to look at the schedule, I think they (aamc website) wanted you to click "change reservations" and I was scared that if I clicked it I would be charged the 55 then and there...

yea go to change reservations and click on the location you prefer... if the seats are available, a time will show up and if you want to change it, then you can click on the time to reserve that seat

I think I'm gonna keep my seat... I guess a week won't make a difference in my verbal score (2 months didn't do, why would a week do it) lol

For anyone writing at Nordic COllege, make sure you phone them to make sure your name is on the list. I did, and mine wasn't. After several phone conversations and what felt like hours being put on hold, they finally e-mailed me to tell me that my site has been moved to Dufferin St.

Their reason: They changed locations!

What? What does that mean? Nordic College changed locations?

I even have my e-mail confirmation from when I booked in April telling me that I was writing at 222 Dixon Rd. @1:00pm on Aug 5.

Surely a result of beaurocratic disorganization.

No, I am pretty sure it is still there.

I was just trying to point out the ambiguity in their response as to why I couldn't write at Nordic College.

To be honest, I don't really care where I write. However, I am having trouble finding a phone number for the Dufferin center, and the only one I found that matched the address AAMC gave me said they don't conduct the MCAT there.

So, more excessively long phone conversations only to be put on hold for 95% of the time before I can figure this out.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived