Premed 101 Forums

Only 3 more days...4 more sleeps...and 2-3 hours!

Guest MayFlower1

Guest MayFlower1

Ha ha, I think the wait is finally getting to me medium-smiley-016.gif

Although most of the time has flown...I am finding these last few days a bit painful...

In just a few days we should all know our initial status...I wish all of you the best of luck this year. Thank-you for making this forum informative, challenging, fun and distracting.

Peter

Guest UofOhopeful

Peter, the wait is getting to me too. I would like to thank everyone on this forum for their posts. It's therapeutic knowing that others are going just as bonkers as I am. I wish all of you the best of luck! Hope to see you in September.

Guest PDSP

Hey Mayflower,

Those faces are great. I'm just wondering which two you have saved for Friday (i.e. the :D or the >: ). In any case, keep the count down clock going. Let's hope it is not like a NASA launch. That is, let's hope for a straight to launch (OFFER) without a countdown filled with holds (WAITLIST).

rocket1.gif

Good luck. Besides U of O, did you interview elsewhere?

PD

Guest MayFlower1

Hey PDSP...

I've got a coupla good ones for Friday...I guess you'll just have to tune in on friday to find out...either way...you should get a bit of a chuckle out of the smileys I have awaiting!

I'm kinda hoping for a quick, painless, offer staight-up, shaken, not stirred, as well. That being said, I'd be quite happy to be on the good waitlist as well.

If I get on the bad waitlist, though, I could feel like:

medium-smiley-114.gif

or

large-smiley-030.gif

or, just plain...

large-smiley-041.gif

Cheers...and good luck.

Peter

P.S. I thought you were accepted last year!

Guest Namgalsip

Wow,

This forum is getting pretty colourful! Maybe I'll borrow some of those emoticons come Friday/Monday/Tuesday....darn Canada post...Wednesday/Thursday...etc.

I would also like to add my thanks to everyone on this forum for their priceless help and wish you all the BEST OF LUCK!

Here's hopin'

Nams

Guest PDSP

Peter.

I can't beat those images!

Re accepted last year - this is my first year applying. Following my undergrad, I worked for a consulting firm for two years and then a biomedical engineering firm for the past year.

Nams:

I saw Ran today as he was in TO for the Memorial Day weekend. He's accepted a job with my company and will be moving to Montreal in July!!

How's the stress level? Is Ottawa still your first choice? What are your thoughts on the different schools to which you have applied? If you are anything like myself, you've probably been trying to figure out a preference list in case you get multiple offers. (God might have to be looking the other way for this to happen for me, but you never know - lot of stuff going on in this world.) Are you still gearing towards a system-based e-curriculum?

PD

Guest Namgalsip

PD,

I've been going back and forth pretty much between all 6 schools....I have no idea which I would chose but I'll probably just go with the one that accepts me...that is, if I get accepted at all :P (I'm not much of an optimist sometimes...especially nerve wrecking times like these...trying to soften my fall). I'm currently leaning toward Western/Ottawa but there are certain things pulling me toward staying in TO or going for Mac's program..and Queen's...and Calgary's....well, we'll just see which (if any) of these awesome schools chooses me...that'll make it easier.

Well, good luck and keep me posted!

Nams

Guest MayFlower1

PDSP,

Who do you work for in Montreal...that's my stompin' grounds. I also worked for a bio-medical firm in 'La Belle Province'...if you're uncomfortable answering here please feel free to email me at:

peterhill16@hotmail.com

Peter

Guest MayFlower1

UofOhopeful,

I also wish you the best of luck...be sure to post your status in the forum on friday...

Peter

Guest UofOhopeful

Thanks for the encouragement.

I'm not sure at what time I'll post, but I'll be sure to check this forum to see if others get the lovely, blessed, tantalizing, mother-of-all-emails email. My server is generally slower than most, so I'm sure if I do hopefully get the email, I'll be one of the last to receive it. 8o

Archived