Premed 101 Forums

Finishing VR with time to spare...wtf?

Rext

Because you're really good at verbal?

When I did the TPR's I was getting crushed (6,7,8's). I've asked around and the consensus is that TPR verbals are harder then the AAMC's. I found this to be true, as I am doing much better on the AAMC's (10,11's). You're probably going to smash the AAMC verbals. Lucky you!

I've taken 3 FL's thus far (TPR if you're wondering) and have finished each VR section with ~10 minutes to spare. My scores were 10,10,12 respectively. I have no idea why I have so much extra time left over...Help?

My goal was to finish each Kaplan and AAMC section with at least 5 minutes to spare, figuring that the real MCAT would take a little longer due to nerves. Generally always had about 10 minutes to spare in each verbal (except AAMC 7 - it had a passage that killed my time). So I definitely wouldn't do anything different.

I've taken 3 FL's thus far (TPR if you're wondering) and have finished each VR section with ~10 minutes to spare. My scores were 10,10,12 respectively. I have no idea why I have so much extra time left over...Help?

I'd say this is a good problem to have!

Could you enlighten us with some of your strategy

Could you enlighten us with some of your strategy

Oh lol. I've been following EK's strategy. I find it especially helpful to stereotype the author and then try answering the questions in their perspective. Practice is still the key so do lots and lots of passages :)

Oh lol. I've been following EK's strategy. I find it especially helpful to stereotype the author and then try answering the questions in their perspective. Practice is still the key so do lots and lots of passages :)

Do you map anything at all?

Or do you read through the entire passage without writing anything down?

Do you map anything at all?

Or do you read through the entire passage without writing anything down?

I don't formally map anything for two main reasons:

1. It forces you to focus on particular segments of a passage and interferes with your ability to perceive the passage as a whole.

2. It consumes too much time

Archived