Premed 101 Forums

Prereq LABS

Guest tweep0

Hi,

I wanted to know how to list lab component of courses for the prereqs. For example, at UofT, i took a CHM138 Organic Chem course that included a lab component. So do i just put:

"O: CHM 138 Introductory Organic Chemistry I - half"

and assume that they know about the laboratory component or do i put:

"O: CHM 138 Introductory Organic Chemistry I - half, CHM 138 Organic Chem Lab - quarter"

I think its the former, BUT you can't be too sure. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks :D

Tweep:hat

Does anyone know the answer to this? Im wondering as well.....the lab is included in the class (i.e. you dont register for it, its an automatic enrollment).....which of the two above examples would it be?

thanks

Guest UOMeds06

I really can't remember anymore....it's been too long....maybe one of the first years can help you....or some one else applying....the first year moderators won't be checking the site until friday though due to their exam...probably too late for you! Sorry..

UOMeds06

Guest Tanya24

The former. I did not enter any of my labs (there's no allotted space for it anyways) and my application was received just fine. They do regulate which courses from Canadian universities are acceptable as prerequisites. As long as you report the correct code from your university, Ottawa U will know whether or not a lab component is included in that particular course. Good luck!

PS - UOMeds06: yes, I know I should be studying! Just needed a brain break and caffeine fix.

Guest UOMeds06

Tanya24,

You'll be FINE! You guys are WAY to smart of a class to have to worry about a silly ol' exam! You should be deciding what to wear to the block party! Hope to see you there! Good luck....not like any one in your very gifted class will need it!

UOMeds06

Archived