Premed 101 Forums

MCAT july 29

champ

For me the second prompt was awful. I couldn't think of a decent example for the antithesis, and my synthesis for both of the prompts were unoriginal. I'm really hoping for a Q at this point, but more likely a P I believe.

For the verbal, I felt like the passages weren't that bad, but the questions were pretty tricky. Especially for the passage about the maps. I really have no idea how I did on that section. Hoping for a 10, but preparing for worse.

Physical and biological sciences I found weren't too bad, although those are my two best sections.

yeah I found verbal by far the hardest for me but traditonally im not strong in verbal. Physical sciences was pretty straight forward i hope lol. Bio on the other hand, that was a diff story i usually do pretty well in bio,but after the bio section i didnt feel very good.. I just moved through the passages way too slowly, and they were really long so i was rushed to finish, which doesnt usually happen to me on practise tests. So not happy I didnt kill that section. Essays went well, I thought they were pretty straight forward, so just crossing my fingers on verbal since i think that will be the ball crusher lol

Yeah the bio sections were much longer than the actual practice tests. But, on the bright side, what seemed to be the most difficult passage only had 4 questions. That was a relief.

I agree with the verbal. I really have no idea how I did, and I'm pretty nervous about the results. But that's how I feel after every practice test, always worried about how the verbal went.

Anyways, no reason to worry now. Good luck mate, only 30 more days to go for the results!

I wrote yesterday as well, now I can claim some of my summer back!

Overall, I thought it went pretty well, *fingers crossed. I've written it before and struggled to finish the PS section and had to race through BS as well. But this time, I finished PS with 15 minutes to spare, I was like wth?!

PS: I had no real difficulty with any of the passages which was really strange since PS is not my strong point whatsoever. I found the questions to be more conceptual which I loved because I spent a lot of time trying to understand concepts while studying this time around. And most of the topics were topics I had a good handle on which was great (guess I lucked out). Some of the questions were straight gimmes, I was like wha, is this really the MCAT? lol. I actually found myself interested in the content while reading the passages, which really helped me.

VR: iffy. I scored an 11 on the last MCAT but I don't think I'll make it to that this time. I'm pretty good at this section but the passages were blah and the questions were tricky. I found this section to be a bit harder than I expected. Let's see.

WS: not-so-easy prompts, required some thinking to come up with good examples. My synthesis was short and kinda half-a**ed because I was running out of time, *sigh.

BS: thought it went well for the most part. Passages were decent as were the questions. Some questions required more thought than others but since I had time to spare, I was able to go back and do the thinking. I got the anatomy question that everyone has been complaining about (check out SDN lol):D.

Overall it went well except for a questionable VR. I had at least 10 minutes to spare in each section, except WS lol. They need to make this section 40 minutes imo.

Now for the wait!

p.s. I just checked the MCAT registration system to look at upcoming test dates (potential re-write? I sooo hope not!!!) and I can't access it because my testing date of July 29th is still there. Should I be concerned? i.e. was my test not submitted?:confused:

^^^^ couldn't agree more about the verbal. I average 10.5 on the AAMC verbals but I have no idea how I did on that one. I checked SDN and a lot of people were having mixed feelings, so that kinda made me feel better, but not really.

For the WS, I had a tough time coming up with an antithesis example for the 2nd prompt. I made up something about an Irish potato famine during the 1960s. To my surprise, there actually was an Irish potato famine, but it was during the 1830s :o . My syntheses were also unoriginal.

Ughh I have no idea why they take so long to give us back our scores for PS, VR, and BS.

Archived