Premed 101 Forums

What were you expecting on your first mcat?

charmer08

What were you expecting on your first mcat?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What were you expecting on your first mcat?

• 40-44
    • 35-39
    • 32-34
    • 30-32
    • 26-29
    • 22-25

I think that if you take a moment to look at the stats, and realize in the last 5+ years no one has scored above a 42... I doubt you could realistically expect to score a 45.

As for me, I was expecting/hoping for a low 30's score with good distribution like 11,11,11 for something like a 33R... I was a bit surprised when I got 14-11-14 for a 39T... definitely not retaking anytime ever haha.

Fantastic ben! :)

And your critical thinking skills are intact in not seeking to improve your score, lol. :P

yah... I told myself id be ok with a 10-10-10, and id be happy with a 11-11-11... I didn't have as long to study as I would have liked, but fortunately my undergraduate education had put me in a good place already... needless to say I was a bit shocked (I had left feeling pretty bleh about it)... but I hadn't dont any of the AAMC except for the free one (not enough time) so maybe I just never got a feel for a good result?

I hope that everyone else is similarly lucky... although perhaps not lucky enough to devalue my score :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived