Premed 101 Forums

The calm before the storm?

Guest MayFlower1

Guest MayFlower1

Where is everyone? The forum seems to be a bit slow these days...how is everyone feeling? What are you up to? How are you killing time?

Peter

Guest aneliz

Hey Peter...

I've been wondering the same thing...I know that most of us moderators are studying for/writing exams right now...so that's where we are....although the urge to procrastinate online is sooooo strong!

Guest misagh

Hello Peter, Andrea, et al,

I am checking this site non-stop, multiple times a day, hoping to catch a glimpse of some interesting news or diversions from my everyday life. Perhaps I should be spending this time mentally and practically preparing myself for the best or the not-so-best.

Hey, came across a Newfie joke the other day, I thought it was quite funny (BTW, I lived on the Rock for 14 years, I was raised there, I`m allowed to repeat this joke... ;) )

So did you hear about the two cases of SARS in Newfoundland?!?!......

........Turns out an old fella goes to his doctor, limping in pain and says, "Doc, I've got a 'sar neck and a 'sar back...!"

(Disclaimer: This joke was not meant to poke fun at an obviously dangerous and potentially fatal disease)

Guest wassabi101

Hello y' all!

Ya, I've been reading some posts here and there but with much less frequency only cause my mood has been fluctuating with the weather ;) and I've been really busy with my thesis. I'm planning on submitting in June and meanwhile we have all our new students who started May 1st that we train here at the research center. If I don't get into medicine this year, I'll most likely be either pursuing a short-term career at the CDC or WHO (fingers crossed) or pursuing a PHD and so regardless, I'll be leaving my work here. It's been hectic trying to pack up almost 4 years of research into a binder of what I did and what's left to be done ;)

I'm also volunteering at the Fringe festival this year and have been going to lots of bbq's with friends. It's been a great month but I have to admit the stress of finding out next week is driving me crazy!

I wish you all lots of peace of mind for the next little while and look forward to sharing the glee and sadness with everyone else on the forum soon,

-wassabi

Guest Kirsteen

Hey guys,

Wooo, loads of posts around the board. Like some of you, I've not had much time to hang about the board. I recently snagged a wee contract doing Epidemiology work for one of the local SARS outbreak teams, so that's been a bit wonkily busy and interesting... Aside from that, I'm entering a bit of holiday mode after one of the busiest academic years I've ever scraped through. This weekend I managed to snag a languid (I didn't realize that Vegas ever COULD be languid!) break, doing little else but searching for a good caipirinha and enjoying the feel of some desert sun on my shoulders, and next week it's off to sense the delights of Barcelona and Peter Mayle's Luberon. I've never visited the former--does anyone have some good recommendations. Aaahh, breaks are very necessary and very good.

I hope all of you are managing to keep your cool,

Kirsteen

Guest UWOMED2005

Yeah, Peter, I think I've seen as much or more traffic than usual. Maybe you're just logging in more frequenly so it seems like there's less traffic because there's less new posts each time. You know, we can't all post every 5 minutes! ;)

Guest MayFlower1

UWOMED2005,

Nasty, nasty...geeze...if I only had a job...ha ha :lol

...sorry...I should have qualified that comment...the Ottawa board seems slow...much activity on the other boards...

Peter

Guest wassabi101

Hey Kirsteen,

I sent you a message! Just wondering if you had decided to take a summer class at McGill and were in town after all? What an amazing experience to work with a SARS team!! Vacation definately needed---enjoy! :D

-wassabi

Archived