Premed 101 Forums

Step 2 of Application

I finished/submitted/completed part 1 over a week ago.

Did anyone actually get log-in info to do part 2 of the application or are we supposed to submit that on paper?

Definitely not on paper. It is all online. If you cant find it in Junk folder, etc., call the office.

I am in the same position, I submitted my application on Friday am. My visa was charged and I got the confirmation emails but no notification of step 2. I sent them an email and tried to call but it keeps going into the answering machine. Did you have any luck getting in touch with them?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!

I'm having a problem with the step 2 essay application page.

On both Word and UNIX word count, my essay is 1486 words long. However, when I copy and paste to the step 2 essay site, and click "word count", the essay becomes 1516 words long.

I've checked it with the technical staff at the Dalhousie University library and they tell me that the system is poorly designed as the application page's word count function is picking up apostrophes, hyphens and periods. For example, I.W.K= 3 words, eye-opening= 2 words, employee's= 2 words.

I'm going to submit my essay the way I've written it and send an email to Carolyn Pelham at Dalhousie explaining the problem. I encourage others to do the same.

Thanks for your help,

Otto

EDIT: As it turns out, you can't submit an essay to the application site that is perceived as over 1500 words. So I am now going to have to make intentional grammatical errors to send this thing in!!

I also like Dal's system, and their admission process for that matter. They get back to you in a reasonable amount of time for interviews and decisions as opposed to almost every other school in Canada that takes 3-4 months for interviews then another 3-4 months for final decisions..

Archived