Premed 101 Forums

MCAT Prep without recent Science courses

NickiB

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and trying to figure out the best course of action. Is there anyone here who has prepared for the MCAT without any recent science courses? Or do you know of someone? And I mean really not recent, +10 years. I am sitting in a position where I do not know if I should redo my prequsites or possibly try my hand at refreshing my memory. For example would taking one of the MCAT indepth courses be useful to me or would I just sink without recent Science courses?

The school of my interest, UBC, will forgive grades over 10 years old so retaking my prequesites is possible without penalty. Its just more time, courses and money required prior to being able to apply for Med school. I have just recently made this decision and I am trying to do as much research as possible into my options.

Thanks so much,

Nicki

I took my prereqs in the late 90s and I am going to write in two weeks' time.

I will let you know how it goes. I don't know at this point...im iffy on a lot of things. However, I have been in grad school for the last few years so the grey cells have been working hard, just not on the specific subject matter for this test.

Perhaps your maturity will help you. If nothing else, you can try studying and writing it and worst case scenario, you write it again.

Archived