Premed 101 Forums

MCAT Writing Advice

macaroons123

So I'm writing in about a week and I am doing really bad on this section. I can't think of examples when im writing the essays and thats slowing me down A LOT. The variety of prompts is so great, I don't know where to begin to collect examples. I feel really overwhelmed because I don't have time to be reading a lot of material to find examples and more importantly, I don't know what type of examples to look for!!! :confused: :confused:

Any advice? Any resources that helped you guys? Please let me know. I would GREATLY appreciate any advice!!!

Find someone to go over lots of prompts together. it doesn't have to be someone who has written the MCAT, but somebody who has good general knowledge who you can brainstorm with. That way, you can motor through a lot of prompts and discuss them and come up with a variety of examples that hopefully will pop in your mind come test day.

That is my best advice. Sometimes the prompts are so self explanatory and other times they are just way out there...luck of the draw.

Archived