Premed 101 Forums

Free Kaplan eBooks on iTunes until August 30

ChemPetE

I tried the link on my iPhone, but it just keeps loading... is it because I don't have iOS 3.2+ installed (thus I don't have iBooks)?

What iOS versions are you guys running with?

I had the same problem last night. I googled it and found that you had to have iBooks for it to work. I then spent the night updating my phone to allow me to get ibooks which immediatly allowed me to download them.

Thanks so much for letting us know! I greatly appreciate it.

Nicki

Can this go on a person's iPod?!!? This sounds awesome. :D

It will only be readable on iDevices that supports iBooks, and iBooks is only available on iOS4, which means that only the iPad, iPhone, and the iPod touch (and NOT the Nano) will work.

You have to download it through iBooks store which means you can't even download it from iTunes on your PC/Mac.

I'm gonna upgrade my iPhone to iOS4 tonight and get those damn books =)

Edit: First I have to figure out how to get them off the iphone and onto something more versatile. Any ideas appreciated.

1) Once you download the files on your device, then connect to ITUNES.

2) Right click device in ITUNES and select transfer purchases

3) Open your itunes library and you should find the book in a epub format.

I'm not sure where iTunes stores files exactly, but you can run a quick file search for "*.epub" and find the location fairly quickly. I've read that these particular kaplan titles don't use encryption, which, if true, means you can read them on any platform that has an epub reader (that's all of them).

On the off chance that's helpful to anyone, I'd kill for the PMBRs and I don't have any Apple hardware with which to make the purchase. :o

1) Once you download the files on your device, then connect to ITUNES.

2) Right click device in ITUNES and select transfer purchases

3) Open your itunes library and you should find the book in a epub format.

I'm not sure where iTunes stores files exactly, but you can run a quick file search for "*.epub" and find the location fairly quickly. I've read that these particular kaplan titles don't use encryption, which, if true, means you can read them on any platform that has an epub reader (that's all of them).

On the off chance that's helpful to anyone, I'd kill for the PMBRs and I don't have any Apple hardware with which to make the purchase. :o

Maybe this thread will help?

http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44978

Hopefully you can figure it out! Thanks for doing this :)

If you don't have an iphone/ipad download the books here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?srs1k52cknyb0p2

The books are in epub format. Firefox has an epub reader add-on. I use Adobe Digital Editions on Windows. If you want to convert them from epub to anything else or edit them, Calibre works pretty well. I've also confirmed these work on unauthorized machines. Enjoy!

Folder contains 32MB

• Kaplan MCAT General Chemistry Review
  • Kaplan MCAT Organic Chemistry Review
  • Kaplan MCAT Physics Review
  • Kaplan MCAT Verbal Reasoning Review
  • Kaplan MCAT Biology Review
  • Kaplan MCAT Practice Tests, 6th Ed.
  • Internal Medicine Question Book - Prep for American IM Board Exams
  • Collected Writings: Louis Pasteur, Joseph Lister
  • The Corpus, Hippocrates

Since these are non-AAMC materials, and they are hosted for free in the ibooks store, I think this upload should be OK rules-wise. If anyone objects, let me know and I'll take it down.

If you don't have an iphone/ipad download the books here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?srs1k52cknyb0p2

The books are in epub format. Firefox has an epub reader add-on. I use Adobe Digital Editions on Windows. If you want to convert them from epub to anything else or edit them, Calibre works pretty well. I've also confirmed these work on unauthorized machines. Enjoy!

Folder contains 32MB

• Kaplan MCAT General Chemistry Review
  • Kaplan MCAT Organic Chemistry Review
  • Kaplan MCAT Physics Review
  • Kaplan MCAT Verbal Reasoning Review
  • Kaplan MCAT Biology Review
  • Kaplan MCAT Practice Tests, 6th Ed.
  • Internal Medicine Question Book - Prep for American IM Board Exams
  • Collected Writings: Louis Pasteur, Joseph Lister
  • The Corpus, Hippocrates

Since these are non-AAMC materials, and they are hosted for free in the ibooks store, I think this upload should be OK rules-wise. If anyone objects, let me know and I'll take it down.

AHH you beat me! I was gonna post those files too....

Archived