Premed 101 Forums

Information package

Guest wassabi101

Guest wassabi101

Hello all you organized people ;)

Somehow I managed to loose all but the first page of my invitation for an interview package :o Guess this must be stress :eek

I'm kind of going a little haywire at the moment trying to remember what was on all those pages! :\ I tried calling the admissions office but all I got was voice mail!

Can someone help me out tremendously and remind me if there's anything else I need to bring to my interview besides my photo ID?

What about the information sessions in the morning? If I go to the atrium early enough (my interview is not until 1), could they direct me then or am I completely lost without my info package?

Am I forgetting anything else??

Geez this week's really not starting off that well..... :rolleyes

Grateful for any info you guys can give me!

-wassabi

hey wassabi

although I don't have my interview package here with me (it is at home, I am at work)...from what I can remember all the front page said was to bring ID and talked about the confirmation of interview (which I am sure you have done by now since the deadline was in march)...and the time of the interview, and that you have to be there 45 mins before your interview time

as for tours, etc...they said there is a sign up sheet when you arrive...if no one puts the times up on this board, I will post them when I get home tonight! From what I remember there are a few times for each (tour and info sessions)...

See you thurs

Cheers

Guest tappety tap

hey there...

take a deeeep breath :)

All you need is yourself and the ID. As long as you know where the building is and the time of your interview, you're all set! When you get there, they ask you to sign up for the info session and tour if you want.

I went to an info session at 2:40 i think it was. The tours are at 9:30ish in the AM and then again at 12:00. But you'll figure all that out!

GOOD LUCK!

Guest wassabi101

Thanks guys- for the info and the support!!

It's all good...I found it :rollin

Now I can relax...

suishi sounds mighty fine at this moment ;)

Cheers and good luck to all the interviewees thursday!

-wassabi

Guest MayFlower1

Hey wassabi,

I'm glad you can now relax! I hope you get in to UofO this year so I have at least one fish-eating buddy to enjoy some good sushi with! ;) The only sushi I've had that I actually couldn't stand was sea urchin...it was a texture thing...felt like a cold clammy tongue...ewwwww! I rather enjoy a few martinis with my sushi as well...cheers, and good luck on your interview.

Peter

Guest wassabi101

Hey Peter

A suishi buddy would be fantastic :D - for myself, a martini or a nice glass of white whine with my kamikase maki's or my scallop sashimis :D Yum...Come to think of it, at 9:24pm saturday night still agonizing about my interivew, what a great way to cheer myself up.....suishi before, suishi after.....

off to Yakata I go- man, I can just smell the ginger

:smokin

-wassabi

Guest MayFlower1

wassabi,

Do you live in Ottawa...I haven't heard of Yakata...where is that?

If you don't live in Ottawa...and you've visiting sometime...you should check out Kinki...they call it "Asian Fusion"...I'm not sure what it's fused with...but it's darn good! The sushi is definitely NOT traditional, though...if you want more traditional sushi there are other places in the big "O" to get it.

Hey, I read your post with respect to your interview experiences...I wouldn't worry about it too much. Based on people's experiences last year...as I've said in other threads, there doesn't seem to be any correlation (except perhaps negative :P ) with feelings after an interview and whether one gets a first round offer, good waitlist or bad waitlist status. The only true test of how things went will occur during the week of June 1st!

Take care.

Peter

Guest wassabi101

Thanks Peter-

I live in Montreal but I'm from the Ottawa region. I've never been to any suishi restaurants in Ottawa as suishi restaurants was a passion I took up when I arrived 5 years ago ;) I'll take note though for next time I'm down visiting my family.

Yakata is this nice little Japonese restaurant right across the corner from my house--although I've tried a lot of the fusion restaurants downtown and in westmount and enjoyed many, somehow Yakata remains my favourite! Maybe it's because I've eaten there over 50 times, spent all my earnings there and always take the same thing (comfort food?) but they're doing somethin right :smokin

Cheers,

-wassabi

Archived