Premed 101 Forums

Is there a coat room at the atrium?

Guest JS28

Hi there,

Does anyone know if there is a coat room or a safe place at the interview where I can put my belongings? I'm coming from out-of-town, and I have to check out from the place where I'm staying early in the morning...before my interview. I have to bring my luggage with me to my interview, but I'd rather not lug everything into the interview room!! :)

To all you Ottawa folks out there, could you tell me which bus to take from Roger Guindon Hall to the ViaRail Station?

I looked up the street name, Smyth, on:

www.octranspo.com/maps_menue.htm

I'm not sure if it's on the South side or the North side! There's a Roger Guindon stop ("on the north side") and the bus is 85 Bayshore, but there's another Roger Guindon stop ("on the south side") and the bus is 85 St. Laurent.

I have no idea which one to take! (The ViaRail Station is north of Smyth Rd.)

Thank you in advance for any help! :) Hope you're all rocking your interviews! (Is it blizzarding in Ottawa right now? A nasty snowstorm has pummeled the GTA today)...

JS28

Guest snoopychan

Hi JS28,

I am a M.Sc. student at the U of Ottawa, Faculty of Medicine. I recently had my interview there as well. Since I take the bus to go there everyday, I can help you out.

From VIA Rail: Take 95 (Baseline or Fallowfield) until you get to HURDMAN station. Once there, get to the opposite side of the platform. Then take 85 (St.Laurent). The bus will evetually enter into the "hospital circle", passing the Ottawa General, Children's Hospital, another stop, and finally Roger Guindon (U of O health sciences building). Ask the driver.

On your way out: Take 85 (Bayshore) to Hurdman. Go to opposite side of platform and take a 95 (Orleans) which will take you to VIA Rail.

And yes, there will be a coat rack once you get to the interview at the atrium. Plus, I am sure the hosts behind the sign-in table can look after your luggage. Best of luck!!

Guest snoopychan

Hi JS28,

One more thing, both 85 Bayshore and St.Laurent are at the SAME STOP infront of the med building. There is no north or south side. Take care.

Thanks, Snoopychan!

Yeah...that north/south schedule didn't make much sense on their website! Hope your interview went well!

I only have about 1/2 an hour to catch the early returning train, so hopefully it doesn't take longer than that to get from Guindon Hall to the ViaRail station... :)

Guest MayFlower1

JS28,

Yup...we're getting the snow this morning...kinda granular...thank god we're not getting freezing rain...yet.

Hey, when is your interview? I wish you good luck.

Peter

Guest MayFlower1

JS28,

Looks like the snow is now over...we only got about 10cm >:

Don't worry about the Ottawa interview...I'm sure it will be fine. One thing about having an interview late in the cycle is that you don't have nearly as much time to wait at the other end! Anyway, good luck. Post in the Ottawa thread with respect to the outcome of your interview...

Peter

Archived