Premed 101 Forums

Best windows based annotation software?

BigM

Hello,

I was hoping to get some recommendations on annotation software that I can use on a Windows Vista laptop. Basically I am looking for something that will let me quickly add notes to PDFs of class slides. It would also be nice to have a program that I can easily draw lines/pictures into as I have a tablet that comes with a stylus.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

What I do is print my pdf file into Microsoft OneNote. There you can annotate your document easily. I also have a tablet and onenote is VERY tablet friendly.

If you want to work within the actual pdf file, you can use programs like PDF Annotator. It's a good program.

• 3 months later...

I think another possibility is to use Windows Journal (which comes with tablet PCs). I don't know all the file types it can open, but if you have a PDF printer driver (there are some good free ones out there) then you can annotate as follows:

Print the doc to pdf. Open in Windows Journal. Annotate. Print the result out to another pdf, with the annotations.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

yup, OneNote 2007 (2010 is better) is amazing. You can 'print' any pdf or any document type into a continuous sheet, and then you are free to add drawings, text, highlighting, whatever as you like. Plus it has build in sync features that allow for easy backup and transfer for multiple computers.

Archived