Premed 101 Forums

Interviewers

Guest Bleepo

Hey,

First of all, thx to all the people of share their knowledge here. I've learned so much already and I only found this site today! :D

I've been very fortunate to be invited to an interview at UO. Does anyone know if we can find out the names our interviewers beforehand? Just thought it may look good to know them by name going into the interview?? Thx!

Guest UOMeds05

Hey Bleepo,

Congrats on the interview!! The day of your interview when you arrive you will probably meet either Nina or Nicole at the registration desk. Beside your name with be the name of your interviewers. You can just ask them there, I don't imagine that they would have a problem giving them out. You can make a note of them than. There will be 3... 1 student, usually one physician and usually one community member.

Best of luck to you!

Anyone know what the interview setting is like? ie. Does everyone set around a table or are the interviewers at one end of the room and the interviewee at the other end (sort of like an interrogation setting..haha)?

Hello Bleepo,

From what I understand, they interview people in the Problem Based Learning (PBL) classrooms. I'm not sure if every PBL classroom is the same, but lemme describe what I saw...

Picture this: You walk down a corridor with white walls and many doors, opening to the PBL rooms. Once inside, you may notice a skeleton on a swivel stand in the corner, whiteboards on two walls, a large table with electrical/ethernet plugs in the centre (all first yr students must purchase laptops), a wall-mounted x-ray viewer, an examination table in the corner, a projection screen, and several chairs set around the large table. You just sit there, and the interviewers will likely sit on either side of you, and thus the interview begins... You have a spot to put your hands on the table, and they can't see your feet (great for someone like me who likes to move his feet a lot, esp. when i'm excited about something... :) )

I haven't actually interviewed at Ottawa, but I did a mock in those PBL rooms, and we were told that those rooms were where all the action happened.

Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Laurent27

Hi UOMeds05,

When I called the admissions office and asked to speak to Nina or Nicole, I was told that Nina is still within the office but no longer responsible of admissions. I think his name was Denis or something. In fact he mentionned on interview day it is possible to see who your interviewers are.

"Quote"

The day of your interview when you arrive you will probably meet either Nina or Nicole at the registration desk.

Laurent,

Guest UOMeds05

Hi Laurent,

You are right, there has been a shuffle of positions in the Medical Education/Admissions office. Nina is now the Liaison Officer for my class (Meds 2005) or something of that nature, and Denis has taken her place. He too is very nice and works really hard to answer any questions etc. When you are admitted you will have the pleasure to meet Nina when she is your Liaison officer (or something like that :\ ).

As I mentioned before, i am sure it is not a problem to get the names of your interviewers when you register the day of your interview.

Best of luck at your interview. Everything will be fine you will see.

Archived