Premed 101 Forums

Need Help!!

lado1234

Hi Guys,

Ok so my american med applications have been really delayed because i rerote my mcat and recently got the results:

29 Q : 9 Verbal; 10 Bio; 10 Physical

My UofT GPA is 3.82

EC's& Volunteering - very good

Research -good ( i hope)

Letters of Referece - excellent

Dont have a lot of "clinical" experiences.

I really need your advice as to what schools I should be applying to. My primary has been processed and my letters are ready - I just need to pick schools to i can start sending secondaries

I have only applied to Wayne State and Loma Linda (b/c i took a religion minor and did some other religious activities which might help) and already have their secondaries.

I doubt i can aim for reach schools this late in the cycle, so i just want to go for schools where I am compettive. I would really appreciate your help guys !!

Hi Guys,

Ok so my american med applications have been really delayed because i rerote my mcat and recently got the results:

29 Q : 9 Verbal; 10 Bio; 10 Physical

My UofT GPA is 3.82

EC's& Volunteering - very good

Research -good ( i hope)

Letters of Referece - excellent

Dont have a lot of "clinical" experiences.

I really need your advice as to what schools I should be applying to. My primary has been processed and my letters are ready - I just need to pick schools to i can start sending secondaries

I have only applied to Wayne State and Loma Linda (b/c i took a religion minor and did some other religious activities which might help) and already have their secondaries.

I doubt i can aim for reach schools this late in the cycle, so i just want to go for schools where I am compettive. I would really appreciate your help guys !!

Try

George Washington University

Tulane

Michigan State

Virginia Commonwealth

Jefferson

Eastern Virginia (Reach for you MCAT)

Georgetown (Reach for your MCAT)

Saint Loius (Reach for your MCAT)

New York Medical College

Sunny Upstate (may be reach due to OOS)

Also, I heard there are two new schools but I did not research where these are.

This is coming from my own research using the MSAR.

The "reach" schools get a LOT of applications and applying now, chances are your application won't get looked at very much. For example, I submitted to VCU around now last year, was put on the "subcommittee" tier, and was issued a rejection on the final day acceptances were disclosed. If I were you, especially with that MCAT, would stick with Wayne and Loma for now, and wait until next year. Don't risk being a reapplicant with some schools which you would maybe have a shot with submitting early in the cycle.

Archived