Premed 101 Forums

Will McGill look down on me for living OOP for 18 years?

Mithril

No, you will not be "looked down on".

The quebec residency is just a category, which you are very lucky to be a part of along with a huge group of people who were part of the anglo exodus in early 1980s and therefore moved to ontario or elsewhere between the ages of 0-5.

If you ask me, it is kind of BS, but hey, enjoy the advantage.

I was born in Montreal

You are in the IP pool. Show your birth certificate and thats it. Don't think about being OOP again.

My MCAT is 36Q (14/8/14), I have a 3.91 cGPA and a 3.94 sGPA according to AMCAS, 80 hours over 2 years of retirement home volunteering, 350 hours over 4 years of medical imaging volunteering and volunteer training, 150 hours of rural community work in Bangladesh, 200 hours of dental clinic shadowing, and I'm a cell biology tutor.

Assuming you are half competent at writing an autobiographical essay and don't get flustered on the MMI you'll get it. Forget about throwing away your money on AMCAS. :)

I sent them my MCAT scores and I also uploaded my birth certificate on MedOAS, but on Minerva it doesn't look like they know my birth certificate is uploaded. How long does it usually take for them to update Minerva? I don't want them to block my application on Nov 15 with them thinking I'm OOP.

A long time. Don't sweat it.

Archived