Premed 101 Forums

How early should I register?

kylamonkey

If I wanted to write on May 21st, and reg opens on Oct 6th, how early should I think about reserving?

I'm considering rewriting next summer- but I don't know my plans yet. I'd like to not have to register right away but I don't know how hot the competition is for seats.

Vancouver is like impossible to get unless you register really early. The actually testing center is in burnaby. I wrote in Victoria in May and it didn't seem as hard to get. In fact, during my test they said they had capacity for 80 people but only 12 wrote. So if you are dead set on Vancouver, I would register right away, if Victoria, I think you could wait awhile until you decide. You definitely don't want to throw away the $230 if you are unsure whether or not you are going to write it, since I don't think there is any refund for a cancellation. Good luck with whatever you choose!

Edit: I wrote May 21st and registered late December for the Comfort Inn Hotel in Victoria. So you definitely have lots of time!

There is an approximately 50% refund for cancellation if you cancel within a certain time frame. Can't remember what time frame though.

Better to book earlier in my opinion, that way you have the date set in stone. If you book early enough in the year, you can always postpone the date to write (it'll cost you 55$ US) but at least you get on track.

• 1 year later...

Archived