Premed 101 Forums

Should I apply to McGill

jg1928

So I thought I wouldn't even try because I'm an international student, but surprisingly my family and I are getting our Montreal Residency in a few months and I can have the status of being In-Province

My GPA was 3.31

and then I transferred schools and my GPA for my two most recent years is 3.91

so a cGPA of about 3.7 :(

no MCAT

My extracurriculars haven't really been clinic related. But I've done alot of TAing for microbio, histology, and cell bio labs. Executive positions in my Residence and International Health Org. Mentoring, Counselling, Tutoring. Summer Research Project. Public Health Research Group. Music Group. Yoga Teaching Certification course.

no athletics or research awards

I know normally that if you do not have a stellar GPA, your extracurriculars can make up for it. Would these be able to make up for it?

I will have the certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) in two weeks before the deadline as Proof of Quebec Residency status.

But my Permanent Residency Documents for Canada will be ready later (after the deadline)

Would I be able to apply?

I am going to contact Mr. Dansereau about this tomorrow. I hope this works out.

Thanks! :)

I will have the certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) in two weeks before the deadline as Proof of Quebec Residency status.

But my Permanent Residency Documents for Canada will be ready later (after the deadline)

Would I be able to apply?

I am going to contact Mr. Dansereau about this tomorrow. I hope this works out.

Thanks! :)

You have a strange siutation where you will have proof of Quebec residency in time but not necessarily proof of Permanent Residency in time. Assming you area foreign national, I imagine you need Permanent Residency documents to be considered as an IP amd not an international student. Hopefully, Dansereau will understand your unique sityation and cut you some slcak up to a given date (to be determined. GL!

umm..forgive me for being so ignorant guys, but whats an IP?

and can i add my stats to this thread as well:

cgpa: 3.59

without summer courses: 3.63

mcat: 30S v:8, PS: 12, BS:10

EC: i spent 2 weeks shadowing a cardiologist overseas when I went back home last year... just helping out and observing...not lot of hours..abt 50 i guess.. tutoring in high school for couple of months last year...volunteered for like 2 years in the office of this driving school.... cancer relay volunteer... couple of hours local hospital.. was a tutor for annual brain day - conducted grade 5 class for a whole day.. an exec of two clubs... etc...

residency: ontario... canadian citizen..

should i apply? :(

cgpa: 3.59

without summer courses: 3.63

mcat: 30S v:8, PS: 12, BS:10

EC: i spent 2 weeks shadowing a cardiologist overseas when I went back home last year... just helping out and observing...not lot of hours..abt 50 i guess.. tutoring in high school for couple of months last year...volunteered for like 2 years in the office of this driving school.... cancer relay volunteer... couple of hours local hospital.. was a tutor for annual brain day - conducted grade 5 class for a whole day.. an exec of two clubs... etc...

residency: ontario... canadian citizen..

should i apply? :(

No harm applying but it is likely that the OOP (out-of-province) applicants will have stellar GPAs and you may be knocked out at that stage. However, if you are able to pull off an amazing narrative that really catches their attention, anything is possible. Good luck!

Archived