Premed 101 Forums

Je veux entrer en Médecine Dentaire à l'UdeM

Bonjour,

Je veux savoir si vous pouvez former une opinion sur mes chances d'être accepté.

J'ai un Bac en Commerce de Concordia. Majeur Finance et mineur en langue chinoise (mandarin). J'ai 102 crédits complétés, dont 87 crédits au Québec (les 15 crédits restants ont été faits lors d'un échange en Chine et j'ai pas de note dans mon relevé de notes). Donc moyenne pondérée: 3.86 sur 4.3.

J'ai aussi 6 crédits d'un certificat que j'ai pas terminé avec une très mauvaise moyenne:2.35 sur 4.3. C'est moche parce que ça baisse ma moyenne de beaucoup.

Total moyenne pondérée:3.76 sur 4.3.

Je me suis inscrit au "Bac 120", le programme de l'UdeM pour faire les cours préalables en sciences. Je commencerais en janvier.

Donc, conseils? Merci infiniment!

So you have a commerce degree with a 3.86/4.3, is this completed? Also whats happening with the non-completed degree? Is it at Concordia? Are you still doing it? Will you be writing the MCAT and applying across Canada or just Quebec?

Hi! My Commerce degree is completed (with distinction) with the details above. My certificate is in accountancy and I have no desire to finish it (only two courses done with very bad grades).

I applied for admission to the "Pre" pre-med program at UdeM called the "Bac 120" for organic chemistry, etc. I should be starting next Winter and I could write the DAT in February if I apply for admission in pre-dental school for the Fall 2011.

I want to apply within Quebec.

Thanks!

Hey,

I'm also doing a BComm at Concordia too but applying for medicine. Have you done your science prerequisites? If not, get started on them right away. Make sure you do well on them. I would suggest after you do the science prereqs, do the MCAT/DAT RIGHT AWAY while it's fresh on your mind. Get reference letters. Do extracurriculars. If you have any questions, you can PM me.

Good luck!

Archived