Premed 101 Forums

Reference Problems

Hi all,

Just so you know I gave all my references plenty of time to fill out the forms and was constantly reminding this one in particular. She just sent in the form yesterday evening and she said that she also sent an email asking for confirmation that it was received. Nothing yet on UCAN, and no confirmation email for her. I know the office is probably overrun because the deadline is tomorrow, what do you think I should do? Should I get her to resend it tomorrow if we get no word or cross my fingers that it sent :S

Does anyone know if they process the references via email or is it all automated. The reason I ask is because when my other 2 references submitted, a few minutes later it said that their letters were received.

Thanks a bunch.

my last one submitted this afternoon, she let me know when she did and it was updated online less than an hour later... id get her to check that it actually sent. She emailed it back right? One of mine was confused at first thinking they had to print and mail it but the instructions were apparently pretty clear

Thanks all.

It turns out that she saved the webpage as a file and she hit the submit button from an old webpage where she wasn't actually signed in. I went over to help her figure out the problem. What we had to do was copy her answers to a word document. I had her sign into the form again then got her to copy them back into the form then submit it again and it worked! I check on my UCAN and it instantly said it was submitted.

I really like the online version reference forms but it can be confusing for people who have problems with computers.

phew! I'm glad I pursued it! :D You guys are all so awesome! Fingers crossed for interviews!

my reference submitted her form yesterday and it never showed up as "received" in my application. I called admissions and got through (amazingly!) and they informed me that if your application has not indicated that your reference has been received, it hasn't gone through! So I had to frantically get a hold of my reference to re-submit, I would highly recommend if your unsure, to do the same! ( better safe than sorry right?)

Archived