Premed 101 Forums

Waitlisted for CASPER testing??

Hi, in reading these posts about the CASPER test it sounds like everyone has gotten a time slot. Is this right? Because my son is an international applicant (US) and he checked on opening day (12th Oct.) and was right away waitlisted for 24th Oct. @ 2:30 pm. I realise that it's supposedly a first come/first served sign up and we live on the west coast of the US, but do Canadian applicants get first choice regardless?

Unfortunately he has failed to check to see if the 27th Oct. has any time slots.

So does anyone know if there is anything available for either the 24th and 27th and what time slots? Yes. I intend to ask my son later, but I thought I'd check here first to get some sort of idea.

I think it's very stupid to offer only two days for this mandatory test when the university realises that applicant numbers have substantially increased over the years especially when they tell applicants without the test their application will be voided! One would think they'd open more testing dates & times to cover the overage.

Thank you.

Your son should just check the system...

Are you applying to meds, or is your son?

Not sure if you're being funny, but I did mention my son is the applicant so it's not myself. I said I will ask him about checking the other test date later (he's in class right now), thus, I know he can log on himself. I just thought I'd check with anyone here first.

Thanks!

some things posted on the casper site:

Notes:

i. All time is based on this server in Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). Click here for the Current Local Time in Hamilton, Ontario

ii. Please do not sit on a wait list, most likely they will not provide you with a spot. If you are on a wait list, please delete the booking, and book another exam date that will guarantee you a space.

I am in the casper A section, and there are still plenty of spots left to register on wednesday the 27th. They will not be the most appealing to a west coaster, but better than NO spot. I am pretty sure there are extra spots to register in for casper B as well.

Hi, in reading these posts about the CASPER test it sounds like everyone has gotten a time slot. Is this right? Because my son is an international applicant (US) and he checked on opening day (12th Oct.) and was right away waitlisted for 24th Oct. @ 2:30 pm. I realise that it's supposedly a first come/first served sign up and we live on the west coast of the US, but do Canadian applicants get first choice regardless?

Unfortunately he has failed to check to see if the 27th Oct. has any time slots.

So does anyone know if there is anything available for either the 24th and 27th and what time slots? Yes. I intend to ask my son later, but I thought I'd check here first to get some sort of idea.

I think it's very stupid to offer only two days for this mandatory test when the university realises that applicant numbers have substantially increased over the years especially when they tell applicants without the test their application will be voided! One would think they'd open more testing dates & times to cover the overage.

Thank you.

It's a first-come, first-serve system. Canadian applicants probably do not get priority. I checked the system today, and there are still openings for the 27th (Wednesday). The 24th is completely booked up.

Yes... I agree that it is irrational to offer only two days for this mandatory test as well as a limited number of time slots. Wednesday is not really an ideal day to test for anyone who takes classes or works full-time. I also think that the CASPer system should be an on-campus test or should at least be taken at a standardized testing site. It has been very difficult for me to get a computer with a reliable internet connection because of my current living arrangements... but anyways...

Archived