Premed 101 Forums

Possible Technical Issue re: References

let.it.be

Not sure if this is considered 'old news' but I only stumbled across it today so I thought I would pass it along!

http://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/channels/announcments/168662

APPLICANTS WHO ENTERED NAMES OF REFEREES IN THEIR MEDOAS ACCOUNT BETWEEN 01 OCTOBER 2010 and 06 OCTOBER 2010

A known temporary error (now resolved) may have resulted in the non-delivery of individualised reference request e-mails during the period of October 1 to October 6, 2010. If, via your MedOAS account, you entered the e-mail address of one of your referees, it is possible that they never received an automated e-mail message with a secured, personalised link requesting a referee report. Despite a SENT status, the message may have never actually been delivered.

If you suspect this is the case, please confirm with your referees that they received a message from aed.med@mcgill.ca with the subject line: [A.E.D. Med. McGill] Reference Request | Demande de reference. If they have not received this message, then we suggest that you delete their name and e-mail address, and re-enter the information so that the system can send a new e-mail message with a new secured, personalised link. This will cancel the old link.

If the status shows SUBMITTED, then no further action is required.

We thank you for your understanding.

Archived