Premed 101 Forums

CASper- faq

I went through multiple threads and I concluded that:

- when using firefox, one video might not work

- google chrome seems to work fine.

It seems that there are 2 types of questions in CASper:

- where your a clinician facing ethical dilemma (in which case you have to explain your position and logics and possibly give examples to elaborate your logic better)

- personality question? kind of like MMI question that asks how you would react to certain situation that is not medically-related. ( in this case you would also state your position and try to logically answer what kind of actions you would take with examples based on your life?)

___

It also seems that copy/paste option is disabled, so you can't type the answer into microsoft word (which will catch spelling errors) and then paste that answer right away.

___

Am I on the right track? :D

I'd argue that there are 3 types of questions. The 2 that you have listed and then the "standard questions" (like the questions you're asked on most med school applications). I don't think they're really "personality" questions and there's no video.

And internet explorer works fine too.

It also seems that copy/paste option is disabled, so you can't type the answer into microsoft word (which will catch spelling errors) and then paste that answer right away.

Most browsers have a spell check function in them (thus negating the need for word). I found this to be helpful, however sometimes it kills time because you get distracted with the red squiggles instead of writing.

I tried to use Safari and it wouldn't let me complete the pre-test (apparently Safari isn't approved). I used chrome on a mac.

I'm wondering about Safari also. I've got a choice b/w Safari and Firefox, and looking at the forum it sounds like people have had some problem with the video when using Firefox.

Archived