Premed 101 Forums

Ottawa orientation package?

Guest AniyaSG

Guest AniyaSG

Does anyone know if the University or Orientation Committee will be sending out any additionnal information (welcome info, details about orientation, financial aid/bursary info) anytime soon?

Guest hopeful

Hi AniyaSG! I believe we won't get the package until the beginning of August (according to Nicole Rancine). BTW, if you don't mind me asking, how did your McGill application turn out?

Guest AniyaSG

It's odd that we will be getting the package so late, a Financial Aid person I spoke to said that they would be meeting with med students in July and August and that info would be sent out with the package. Perhaps they are just running a bit later this year.

hopeful:

McGill unfortunately turned me down. I called for feedback and one of the things they said was that I wasn't creative enough!?! At least with offers from Ottawa and Queen's I can laugh about it :) No final word from McGill for you?

Guest hopeful

AniyaSG, congrats on your acceptance! I got waitlisted at McGill and am still anxiously waiting. If I don't get a call from them, I guess I'll see you in Sept.!

Guest AniyaSG

Thanks, congrats to you too! and if you don't get good news from McGill we will just have to take weekend trips to hip-hop-happenin' Montréal ;)

Guest AniyaSG

Thanks for the info! I was waiting for the letter and have had a dickens of a time finding anything useful on the Faculty of Medicine webpage... I missed that page entirely :o

Archived